Sunday, April 30, 2017
For the custard
12 egg yolks
1 can 14 oz condensed milk
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup chop roasted nut (I used walnuts.but you can leave it out if you don't like nuts or if your allergy to nuts)
For The Meringue
12 eggs whites
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1. Prepare the custard filling first. In a small saucepan combine egg yolks and condensed milk
2. Bring it to the stove cook it over medium low heat stirring constantly scrapping the bottom and side at the same time.
3. Cook the custard until its thicken. Remove it from the heat then, add the vanilla extract .
4. Pre heat the oven to 325 Fahrenheit line a baking sheet with parchment paper the spray it with baking spray
5. In a stand mixer or hand held mixer beat the egg whites and the cream of tartar until its frothy.
6. Then slowly add in the sugar. Continue mixing until you reach the stiff peaks stage.
7. Spread the meringue evenly into the prepared baking sheet.
8. With a fork you make some design if you want. Then bake it at pre heated oven for 25 minutes of until the top gets golden brown.
9. After baking the meringue Take another baking sheet line with parchment paper. And transfer it to another baking sheet(same size). By flipping it and then slowly spread the custard filling as even as possible and sprinkle the nuts, then roll it into a log.
10. Put it back in the oven for additional 10 minutes just until it get a little bit more golden brown.
Monday, April 24, 2017
2-1/2 cup all purpose flour or bread flour
3/4 cup warm milk plus 1 tbsp
2 egg yolks
2 tbsp melted butter
1/2 tsp dough conditioner
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp yeast
1-1/2 cup ube halaya
1. Activate the yeast by sprinkling 1 tbsp of granulated sugar into the warm milk.add in the yeast stir and set it aside until it gets foamy.
2. Combine the dry ingredients. By adding the granulated sugar into the flour, the dough conditioner and the salt.
3. Into the mixing bowl on your stand mixer add the flour mixture, the yeast, melted butter and the egg yolks. Turn the mixer at the low speed first and then increase it to medium mix the dough until smooth and elastic.
4.In another mixing bowl greased it with 1 tsp vegetable oil. Take the dough out and put it in the greased mixing bowl. Coat it with vegetable oil as well to prevent the dough from drying out.
5.Let the dough rise in a warm place for 1.5 to 2 hrs.or until it doubled in size.
6.After the dough has risen, Take it out and roll it into12x12.
7. Spread the ube filling leaving 1/4 of an inch at the side. Then roll the dough and brush the side with egg wash 1 egg yolks diluted in 1 tsp of water or milk. This will be the glue. (just like making a cinnamon bun).
8. With a dough cutter cut it into four equal size. Place it in the loaf pan line with parchment paper.
9. Let this rise again for another 45 to 1 hr. before baking brush it with egg wash on the top for a nice golden brown finished.
10. Bake it at a pre heated oven 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 to 40 minutes half way through cooking if the top part gets darken quicker tent it with aluminum foil, let this cool down in the cooling rack before slicing or serving.
Sunday, April 23, 2017
775 grams cooked ube
2- 12 fl oz can evaporated milk
1-14 oz condensed milk
1-1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 stick of butter/8 tbsp
1 tbsp ube flavoring
8-10 drops of food coloring (its up to you how intense color you want )
2 drops of blue food coloring( blue color will help the purple color)
1. Cooked the ube first unpeeled(I pressured cook mine but you can boil it.to find out if your ube is cook you can poke it with barbecue stick or a knife.or the ube might cracked too thats the other to find out fit its cook or not).
2.Peel off the skin of the ube using a knife.
3.Using a kitchen blender put half of the ube into the blender . Add 1 can of the evaporated milk and puree the ube until smooth. then pour it to the big nonstick pot and do the rest of it.
4.Once all the ube has pureed. Add the the ube flavoring and the food coloring.
5.Bring the mixture to the stove and cooked this over medium high heat stirring constantly. Once you ube mixture start getting hot add in the butter. (the butter will give this jam a glossy finished and also prevent it from sticking from the bottom and the side of the pot).
6.Cook the ube until its sticky dough like texture.
7.Turn the heat off and let this cool down completely. You can stored this in the fridge for 1 week or in the freezer for 3 months.
Happy cooking and enjoy :) its a lot of work but at the end its worth it there is no better ube halaya than a homemade with love😍
Monday, April 10, 2017
To make the dough just follow the Pandesal recipe. but instead of shaping it like pandesal instead shape it like a bird.By making a knot then, the top part will be the head and the bottom part will be the tail. To make the mouth or the beak pinch the middle part of the the head then with a scissor cut a slit. And for the tail flatten the other end and make 5 to 6 slit.
Using a toothpick make a hole for the eyes and then place 2 mini chocolate chips. pinched them both so that it won't fall off.
Let it rest for 20 minutes. Before Baking brush it with egg wash. (1 egg beaten with 1 tbsp of water) bake for 20 minutes at preheated oven 350..
3- cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 -cup bread flour
1- tsp dough conditioner
1/2- tsp salt
2 1/4- tsp active dry yeast
1/2-cup granulated sugar
1 1/4-cup warm whole milk
3-tbsp unsalted butter melted
3-egg yolks slightly beaten
1-sprinkle 1 tsp of granulated sugar into warm milk.then add the yeast stir and set it aside
2-combine the both four and the rest of the dry ingredients
3-in your bread machine pour in the milk and yeast mixture
4-follow the flour mixture
5-add the egg yolks and melted butter
6-turn on your bread machine the dough cycle let the machine need the dough for you :)
(if you don't have one you can use your hand to knead the dough)
when the machine has finish you can just leave it there(i leave mine inside the machine)or you can transfer it into a bowl and spray or oil it and cover your dough and let it rest for atlas an hour
7-after an hour punched your dough down and cut it into your desired size(i weigh mine so i can get into an equal size 30 oz each and i got 27 pcs.)
8-so roll your dough and shape it into a ball
9-after you roll all of them put it in the baking pan and let its rest for about 45 min-1 hour
10-preheat your oven at 350 and bake your pandesal of 12-15 minutes
Monday, April 3, 2017
325 grams Cake flour
150 grams Granulated sugar
3 Egg yolks
1/2 cup Butter/1 stick softened
1/2 tbsp Baking Powder
150 ml Condensed milk
3/4 cup Evaporated milk
1/3 cup Vegetable oil
1/2 cup or more cheese for the toppings
For the Meringue
3 Egg whites
100 grams Granulated sugar
1) Lined your 24 muffin tin.
2) Preheat your oven to 350.
3) Beat the butter until creamy add in the sugar and condensed milk.
4) Combine the evaporated milk and the oil and slowly pour in to the butter, sugar and condensed milk mixture. Continue beating until everything combine.
5) Combine dry ingredients. Cake flour and baking powder and sift in to the liquid mixture.
6) Using a spatula mix it using a folding method until lumps free.
7) Beat the egg whites until frothy. Then slowly add in the sugar continue beating until you reach the stiff peaks stage.
8) Slowly fold in half of the meringue mixture in to the batter using spatula. Then, add the remaining.
9) Fill up 3/4 full of the cupcake liner. sprinkle the cheese on the top.
10) Bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.