Saturday, June 17, 2017
Hello Readers! here's another good recipe for meryenda delicious and easy..
I used 3 types of sweet potato. If you have ube around you feel free to use it too I just don't have it at the moment.
218g white sweet potato
206g Orange sweet potato (traditional)
300g Purple sweet potato
6 pcs small Banana (feel free to use Saba if you have it around where you live)
1-20 oz can Jackfruit/Langka
90g Tapioca/sago (I use the one that only takes 5 minutes to cook)
1/2 cup Glutinous rice flour (for bill-bilo you can use galapong also)
1/4 cup water
1 tsp ube flavoring
1 drop of purple coloring
2 cans coconut milk
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup glutinous rice flour
1. Make the bill-bilo. Add 1 tsp of the ube flavoring into the glutinous rice flour and slowly add in the 1/4 cup water. If you find the mixture too dry try to add a drop of water at a time. Mix it until it forms almost like a dough. Take a pea size or larger of the mixture and roll it into a small circle /ball. Put it in the baking pan or any large container. Sprinkle it with cornstarch to prevent from sticking and make sure its not touching each other. If you have a non stick aluminum foil you can line it in the baking pan and that way you don't have to sprinkled cornstarch.
1.In a large pot(5qt) add 5 cups of water and bring it to a boil over medium high heat.
2. Peel, wash and cut all the sweet potatoes into cube or any shape you like and set it aside.
3. Cut each Langka into 8pcs squares
4. Peel and cut the banana into 1/2 inch thick circle
5.Once the water start boiling add in all the sweet potatoes and let it cook until its tender/soft.
6.Follow the Sago/Tapioca pearl and let it simmer for 5 minutes (if you using pre cook one add it
7.Once sago/Tapioca pearl is cook, add in the Bilo-Bilo. Try to add it one by one so that they won't stick to each other. Once its on in, give it a stir. and let it cook for 3 minutes. Then, follow langka.
8.Once langka is cook, add in the banana and cover for 2 minutes then add in the 2 cans of coconut milk and give it a stir. Cover it and let it simmer again for few minutes then add the sugar. Once sugar is dissolved add the thickener and stir it immediately. And cover it again for another 5 minutes.
Let it sit for 10-15 minutes before serving...Enjoy😊😊
Sunday, June 11, 2017
There is a two way of how to put the filling/topping into this puto. For the molds I use tuna can and I make plenty holes using a nail and hammer.
2 lbs Grated cassava
3/4 cup Brown sugar
1-1/2 coconut filling/bukhayo
1) Prepare your Steam fill 1/2 way full of water
2) Squeeze out the cassava juice using a cheese cloth.
3) Break them apart. then add the brown sugar.
4) For the first one Fill in 1/4 full of the cassava mixture then add in filling and fill in the rest of the space until its almost full.
5)Steam it for 30 to 35 minutes until Translucent color, take it out from the steamer and let it rest to 10 minutes or until its cool to handle.
(So, for the other one)
6) Put the filling in first then fill in the rest of the space.
7) Steam it the same way and time you did for the first one.
Monday, June 5, 2017
250g All purpose flour
250g Cake flour
50g Bread flour
400g Granulated sugar
3 tbsp Baking powder
1/2 tbsp Baking soda
4 large Eggs
1/4 cup Condensed milk
1/4 cup Uber Halaya
1-1/4 cup Oil
1-1/4 cup Water
1 tbsp use food flavoring
4 big drops of food coloring
2 big drops of blue food coloring
1) Preheat your oven to 500 degrees F
2) Well Greased 3 12 muffin tin with vegetable shortening. Then sprinkle it with flour and tap off the excess.
3) In a large bowl whisk in the eggs then, add in the sugar mix it until its pale yellow. then add the balata and mix well. Follow the condensed milk,oil,water,ube flavoring and the food coloring. mix well on each addition.
4) In the other bowl combine all the dry by sifting all the flours and the baking soda and the baking
powder, using a spatula mix well.
5) Add in half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and using a wire whisk slowly mix it. Then add the other half and mix until just well combine avoid over mixing the batter.
6) Fill in the muffin tin 3/4 full then bake it for about 8-9 minutes of until toothpick inserted comes out with a little bit of crumbs.
enjoy this is good for meryenda the inside is really moist. If there is leftover store it in a air tight container to prevent from drying out. This recipe makes 36 regular muffin.
- ▼ 2017 (41)