Sunday, October 15, 2017
1-14 oz split peeled mung bean
3/4 cup Condensed milk
1/2 cup Granulated sugar
2 tbsp Butter
2 cups Water
1) Wash the munggo 2-3 times. Soak it with water for atlas 1hr. Drain the water and replace it with 2 cups (water).
2) Cook it over medium high heat until the munggo get softened. (While cooking make sure you keep your eye on it coz when it start boiling there is a chance of the water to overflow)
3) Transfer the cook munggo into a blender, and puree it into a fine texture.
4) Put it back to the pot and add in the sugar and the butter. Cook it over medium low heat stirring constantly and scraping the bottom at the same time until mixture thicken up like soft paste. Turn the heat off and let it cool completely.
Hopia Dough Recipe
2-1/2 cup All purpose flour
1/4 cup Granulated sugar
3/4 cup Lard
1/2 cup +1 tbsp Water
1/4 tsp Salt
1) Combine flour, sugar and salt.
2) Add in half of the lard mix using your hand once its all combine add in the other half. When flour and lard are well combine add in the water mix until the mixture start forming into a dough. form it
into a ball and set it aside.
1-1/2 cup All purpose flour
1/2 cup Lard.
1) Combine both flour and lard and mix until its well combine. (like a wet sand mixture)
2) Using a parchment paper roll out the dough 1 into 1/2 inch thick. Spread the dough 2 on the top using a spoon or offset spatula start pressing it. Then roll it into a log and chill it in the fridge for 20 minutes.
3) Cut the dough log into 1/4 inch thick.
4) Take a piece of plastic wrap and put the cut dough in the middle. Roll out the dough into 3-1/2 inch circle take a 1 tbsp of the filling put it in the middle gather all end and and twist or pinch to seal.
5) take 1 egg yolks dilute it in 1 tbsp water or milk and brush the Hopi with it before baking.
6) Bake the Hopi for 30 minutes and flip it and bake it back for another 10 to 15 minutes until both side is golden brown.
Monday, October 2, 2017
Hello Followers! this recipe is requested by one of my followers and youtube viewer.
Her name is Norien Tagle. Norien thank you for your request and happy baking..😍😘
2-1/2 cups All purpose flour
1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
3/4 cup Lard (shortening is fine)
1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp Water
1/4 tsp Salt
Procedure for the dough 1
1) Combine sugar and salt then, add in the lard mix with using hand until lard and flour are well combine.
2) Add in the water and mix and form it into a ball and set it aside.
1-1/2 cup All purpose flour
1/2 cup Lard or shortening
Combine this two ingredients and mix until crumbly like a wet sand.
Now you have 2 dough
1) Roll out the dough 1 into 1/4 inch thick then sprinkle the dough 2, using a spatula or a spoon start pressing it into the dough 1. Then roll it into a log and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
2) After 20 minutes take the Hopia dough crosswise and cut it into 1/2 inch thick each (you should be able to get between 25 to 28 for this recipe)
3)Flatten the each dough into 3 1/2 inch circle and put 1tbsp of ube filling and sealed the side by pitching it together. You can use store bought for the ube halaya or you can make your own I have a recipe for ube halaya. http://www.sugarampsprinkle.com/2017/04/use-halaya-recipe.html
4) You can just leave like that. But if you want to have your hopia the same shape you can use cookie cutter. Once you sealed it take a cookie cutter and put it in the middle and slightly flatten it. then pushed it out.
5 Bake it at 350 oven for 30 minutes. But before baking brush it with egg wash 2 egg yolks diluted in 2 tbsp water. And if you want your Hopi to have nice golden brown top. after 20 minutes baking flip the hopia over then you will get the nice golden brown color.
Just some tips:
if your Hopia dough is sticking to your work surface then take a piece of plastic wrap and put your cut Hopia dough then roll it. add the filling and sealed it by twisting it. then just peel the plastic off.