Tuesday, April 24, 2018
2 lbs Old bread cubes
1-14 oz can condensed milk
1 cup Granulated sugar
1 Tbsp Vanilla
Red food coloring
4 cups Milk
1/4 cup Heavy cream (optional)
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Unsalted butter/1 stick
4 Large eggs
3 cups Bread flour
1-1/4 cup Warm milk
1/4 cup Granulated sugar
1 egg yolks for egg wash
1 tbsp sesame seeds for the toppings
Procedure: (for the filling)
1) In a large bowl combine everything except for the bread, butter and food color
2) Once everything is well combine slowly pour it to the bread.
3) Cook the filling over medium high heat. Once the mixture is warm enough add in the butter and the food color.its up to you how intense your color. when the mixture has thicken up and no more liquids you can now turn the heat off. And start making the dough.
Procedure: (For the dough)
1) Add 1 tbsp of sugar to the warm milk then add the yeast set it aside until its foam up.
2) Combine the flour and the sugar together.
3) Im using my bread machine to knead my dough. You can use your hand or stand mixer. Knead the dough until smooth and elastic.
4) Greased 9x13 baking pan. Roll out the dough right after you finish kneading make sure it enough to cover the top and the bottom of the baking pan.
5) Once you roll out the dough transfer it to the baking pan covering the bottom first. Add in the filling before covering the top make sure you level it by pushing it with hand or spatula.
6) Cover the top and pinched to sealed the tuck the side in. Using a fork poke some wholes all over and then brush it egg wash and sprinkle the sesame seeds.
7) Bake it at preheated oven 350F for 30 minutes or until the top gets golden brown.
8) let it cool down completely before slicing it.
Monday, April 9, 2018
For the dough
4 cups Bread flour
1/3 cups Granulated sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1-1/2 cup Whole Milk warm
1 Tbsp Instanst Yeast
4 Eggs yolks or 2 whole eggs
4 Tbsp Melted butter
The Ube Filling
2 Cups Ube Halaya
2 cups Crushed Graham Crackers
1 Cup Brown Sugar (I used Muscovado Sugar)
1 Tbsp Ube Flavoring
1 Tsp Violet Food color
Procedure for the Dough
1) Sprinkle 1 tbsp sugar into the warm milk. Add in the yeast and whisk in and set it aside.
2) Combine the flour, sugar, and the salt.
3) Add in 1/2 cup of flour into the milk and yeast mixture. and let the rise until double in size about 30 minutes.
4) Into the bread machine bucket or stand mixer add in the flour and yeast mixture, melted butter, flour and the egg yolks let the machine knead the dough.(if kneading by hand just combine all this together and knead it until its smooth and elastic ).
5) Once the machine finish kneading the dough transfer the dough into a large greased bowl and cover the dough and let it rise for 1 hr or until it doubled in size.
Procedure fo the filling
1) Combine the crushed graham crackers, brown sugar and the ube halaya mix it then add in the ube flavoring and the food color. Mix it again until it is well combine.
Shaping the bread
1) Roll out the dough using a rolling pin then add in the filling about 1 tbsp of the filling and roll the dough like a sausage. See the picture below.
2) Once you reach the end pinched it to sealed. And roll it into the coating.
3) Do this to all divided dough and let this rise again for another 30-45 minutes.
after 45 minutes. This is now ready to bake
4)Bake this at a Preheated over 350 for about 15-18 minutes or until the top get slightly golden brown. Store the left over in the air tight container.