Monday, August 20, 2018
12 pc Egg Yolks (I use large eggs)
1 Can Condensed Milk
1 tsp Vanilla (optional)
12 Egg Whites
1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 tsp Cream of tartar
1-1/2 Tbsp Ube Flavoring
1) Separate the egg yolks from white. In a nonstick pot add in the egg yolks and the condensed milk cook it over medium low heat for 10 minutes stirring and scrapping the bottom at the same time. your picture should be like soft paste texture turn the heat off and set it aside.
2) Pre heat the oven to 350F. line a baking pang with parchment paper and spray it with cooking spray.
3) In a stand mixer beat the egg whites in a medium high speed for 3 minutes then, add in the cream of tartar and increase the speed to high speed until it gets frothy. Then gradually add in the sugar continue beating until you reach the stiff peaks stage.
4) Transfer the meringue to the prepared baking pan (spread) if you want you can make some design using a fork make some long line. Bake this for 18 minutes.
5) After baking let it cool down for a few minutes (5) then transfer it to the other baking pan also lined with parchment paper and sprinkle 1 tbsp powdered sugar. (upside down)
6) Spread the filling evenly and roll it into a log. Bring it back to the oven and bake it again for another 10 minutes and let it cool down for a few minutes or until cool enough to handle slice it into your desired thickness.
Monday, August 6, 2018
Dough (im using my ensaymada recipe)
4 cups Bread Flour
1 tsp Dough conditioner (optional)
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Instant Yeast
1-1/3 cup Warm Milk (I used whole milk)
4 Egg Yolks
1/3 cup Sugar
4 tbsp Unsalted Butter Softened
Yema Filling Recipe
2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
1 can Condensed Milk
3 Eggs Yolks
2 Tsp Vanilla
1) Take 1 tbsp of sugar and sprinkle it to the warm milk then sprinkle in the yeast and whisk then set it aside until its foam up.
2) Once the yeast mixture is foam up and in 1/2 cup of flour and set it aside for 30 minutes.
3) Combine all drys ingredients such as, flour the remaining sugar and the salt.
4) In the bread machine bucket mixing bowl(if using) add in the milk and flour mixture, the flour, softened butter, and the egg yolks.
5) And let the machine knead the dough until smooth and elastic. if using hand knead it until smooth and elastic about 7-8 minutes.
6) Transfer the dough into a greased bowl and cover it. Let it rise for 1 hrs while the dough is rising cooked the yea filling.
7) In a nonstick pot add in the condensed milk and the egg yolk whisk until its well combine. Turn the heat on low heat stirring constantly until the mixture has thicken up about 12 minutes. Set it aside.
8) Divide the dough into desired size ( I weight mine 50g each)
9) Once the all the dough is divided. Using just your hand slightly flatten the dough and add in 1/2 tbsp yema filling in the middle and gather all the side and sealed by pinching it. Roll it a little bit in between of you palm just to get a nice circle shape.
10) Once all the dough has shape let is rise again for another 45-1 hr.
11) Bake it in the preheated oven 350F for 15-18 minutes.
enjoy and store the leftover in the air tight container. You can freeze it as well