Saturday, October 8, 2016
filipino Star Bread Recipe
For the ingredients
4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup powdered milk
1 tsp active dry yeast
1 cup warm whole milk
1 whole egg slightly beaten
2 tbsp vegetable shortening
we also gonna need
2 tbsp melted butter for brushing
1/2 granulated sugar for dipping
1.Spinkle 1 tsp of granulated sugar to the warm milk then stir add the yeast and set it a side until bubbles
2. Combine all dry ingredients
3.in the bread machine bucket pour half of the flour mixture.then add the yeast and the remaining of the flour. Lastly add the egg.
4. Let the bread machine knead the dough for you
5. When the machine is done kneading.let the dough rise for 1hr.
6.after 1 hr divide your dough into your desired size i weigh mine 50 oz each and i was able to make 20 pcs.
7. Shape each dough into shape of a ball.and let the dough rest for another 30 minutes.
8. After 30 minutes pre-heat your oven 350 degrees
9. With your kitchen scissor make a X cut the top of each dough with at least 1/2 inch deep so that the top will look like a Star.
10. Brush it with the melted butter and carefully dip it into the granulated sugar
11. Bake it for 15 to 18 minutes or until the top is a little bit golden brown.
- ► 2017 (42)
- ▼ October (8)