For The Sponge Cake: (makes 6 Lanera)
4 Large Egg yolks
1/2 cup Granulated sugar
3 Tbsp Vegetable oil
3 Tbsp Milk
1 Tbsp Water
2 Tbsp Ube Halaya
1 Tbsp Ube Flavoring
3/4 Tsp Baking powder
1/4 Tsp Salt
1 cup Cake Flour
For the Meringue
4 Egg Whites
1/4 Cup Granulated sugar
1/4 Tsp Cream of tartar
For The Custard Topping
3 Egg Yolks
1 Can Condens milk
1 Can Evaporated milk
1 Tbsp Ube extract
1/4 Cup Ube halaya
1 Tbsp Cornstarch diluted in 2 tbsp water
2 Tbsp Unsalted butter
1) Brush the liner or baking pan with shortening or softened butter, and lined with parchment paper.
2) Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
3) In another bowl whisk the egg yolks add the sugar, halaya, water, oil milk and ube flavoring.
4) Add the liquid into the flour mix/whisk until its smooth.
5) In a small mixing bowl, combine the egg whites and cream of tartar, beat using hand held mixer until frothy. Then gradually add the sugar and beat until you reached the stiff peaks stage.
6) Combine the meringue and the batter in 2-3 addition.
7) Steam over medium high heat for about 10 minutes. Then remove from the steamer and let it cool down.
***Make the custard***
8) Combine everything except for the butter. Bring it to the stove and cook it over medium low heat stirring constantly. Add 1 tbsp of the batter at the beginning then stir until its thicken up. Once its thicken, turn off the heat and add the remaining of the butter.
9) Loosen the edge of the cake and transfer into the container or any serving dish. Pour 3/4 cup of the custard and then sprinkle cheese on the top.
Make sure everything is cool down completely before assembling.
This can also be done by baking the cake in the oven.
Looks delicious! What kind of cheese did you use to top at the end?ReplyDelete
I used eden. Feel free to use any cheddar cheese you like.ReplyDelete