Saturday, January 5, 2019
3 cups oil Vegetable or Canola
1/4 cup Light brown sugar
5 pcs bamboo Skewers
1) Add 3 cups of oil into a deep frying pan and turn your stove into medium high heat
2) Peel the skin of the sweet potato /kamote and wash the sweet potato
3) Cut the sweet potato according to your likeness. I cut mine into kind of triangle shape
4) Your oil should be hot enough to cook the sweet potato. So add the sweet potato/Kamote and cook it for about 8-10 minutes or until its softened.
5) Once the Kamote is cook remove it from the oil. Add in the sugar and wait until the sugar float then add the cooked kamote and stirring constantly until the kamote is well coated with the sugar
6)Remove it from the oil and put it in a bamboo skewers
Saturday, December 29, 2018
Ube Rice Puto Recipe
2 Cups Long grain white rice
2 cups Water(to soak the rice)
1 cup Whole milk
1 cup Granulated sugar
3 tsp Baking Powder
4 tbsp Melted butter
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Ube flavoring
1 Egg Slightly Beaten
slices of cheese (your choice)
1) Wash the rice 3x add in the 2 cups of water. Soak the rice for 1 hr.
2) After 1hour drain the water and replace it with 1 cup of milk.
3) Prepare the steamer. Fill in halfway of the steamer with water and bring it to the stove it it boil over medium low heat.
4) Puree the rice using a Kitchen blender (I use Nutri bullet) until it is smooth. Pour it into the large bowl. Add the reamining of the ingredients whisking each addition . melted butter, granulated sugar, salt, egg, ube flavoring and the baking powder.
5) Brush your mold with melted butter. Fill in the mold with 3/4 full of the mixture and steam it for 15 minutes add the cheese and cook it for another 3 more minutes.
6) Remove the puto from the mold and arrange it into a serving dish
Saturday, December 1, 2018
3/4 Cups Cake Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Salt
4 Egg Yolks
1/4 Cup Milk (Fresh or Evap)
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
4 Tbsp Unsalted Melted Butter
1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 Cup Ube Halaya
1 Tbsp Ube Flavoring
3-4 Drops of food Purple/violet Food color
4 Egg Whites
1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
1) Prepare the mold buy brushing or lining with nonstick cup cake liner. ( you can brush with melted butter and sprinkle with flour or you can make this 1tbsp oil,1tbsp flour and 1tbsp shortening mix well until it form like a paste)
2)In a large bowl combine the egg yolks and the granulated sugar. Beat, until its pale yellow color. Add in the melted butter beat it again then, add in the oil, milk,ube flavoring and the food color and beat it until its well combine. Combine the flour, salt and the baking powder and sift that into the batter and using a spatula fold that in until the flour is well combine into the batter.
3) Beat the egg whites until its frothy then gradually add in the granulated sugar continue to beat until you reach the stiff peak stage.
4) Combine the meringue into the batter in 3 addition. using a spatula use the cut n fold method to combine this 2.
5)Using a Ice cream scooper or 1/4 measuring cup. Scoop the batter into the prepared mold and bake this for about 15-18 minutes of until toothpick inserted comes out clean.