Monday, March 4, 2019
3 Egg yolks
1 can condensed milk
2 tbsp Unsalted butter
2 tsp Vanilla extract
Ensaymada Dough recipe:
4 cups Bread flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1- 1/3 cup cup Warm milk
1 tbsp Instant yeast
4 Egg yolks
1/4 cup Granulated sugar
4 tbsp Melted unsalted butter
2 tbsp Shortening
1) Line your ensaymada mold with large cupcake liner and spray it with nonstick baking spray
2) Take 1 tbsp of sugar sprinkle into the warm milk add the yeast whisk and set it aside until it is foamy
3) Once the yeast get foamy add 1/2 cup of the flour and set it aside until it double in size
4) Combine flour, salt and the remaining sugar.
5) In the large bowl or bread machine bucket pour in the yeast and flour mixture, butter, shortening, the flour mixture lastly add the egg. Turn the bread machine on to knead the dough. If using your hand to knead the dough, knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic. Then transfer the dough into a large greased bowl and cover it for 2 hr. If you using a bread machine leave the dough in the bucket and let it rise for 2 hr.
*Make the yema filling while waiting the dough to rise*
6) In a nonstick pot combine condensed milk, egg yolks and the butter cook it over medium high heat stirring constantly until the mixture has thicken up spreadable like consistency. About 6-8 minutes turn the heat off and add the vanilla extract
7) Divide the dough weighing 50g each
8) Flatten each dough 1/4 inch thick and about 8 inch long then add the filling about 1 tsp the roll into a long and pinch the side to sealed.
9) Coil the dough and put it into the mold let this rise again for 45-1 hr or until it has doubled in size
10) Bake at preheated oven 350 for 12-15 minutes of until the top is lightly golden brown
11) Let it cool down completely. Once it is cooled completely take another 1 tsp of yema filling and spread it on the top of baked essaymada and top it with your favorite cheese. Store it in the air tight container or wrap it individually using a plastic wrap.
Sunday, February 10, 2019
Sponge Cake Ingredients
7 Egg yolks
3/4 cup Granulated sugar
1/3 cup Vegetable oil
1/3 cup Evaporated milk
2 tbsp Water
1/4 cup Ube halaya
1 tbsp Ube flavoring
1/4 tsp of purple food color
2 cups Cake flour
1-1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
7 Egg whites
1/2 cup Granulated sugar
1/2 tsp Cream of tartar (optional)
Toppings and filling
1 small jar of macapuno
one recipe of the Swiss meringue buttercream
1 tbsp Ube flavoring
1/4 tsp Purple food color
8" cake circle board (optional)
2 disposable piping bag
1M wilton piping tip
1) Line 2 8x2 cake pan with parchment paper and pre heat the oven to 350 F
2) Combine the egg yolks and the granulated sugar beat until its pale yellow color. Add in the ube halaya and beat it again until the ube is well combine to the egg yolks mixture.
3) Combine the liquid ingredients the oil, milk, ube flavoring, water and the food color give it a whisk then add it to the egg yolks mixture.
4) Combine the dry ingredients flour, baking powder and the salt and sift it to the wet mixture and beat until its just combine.
5) Beat the egg whites until it is frothy once it is frothy gradually add the sugar and continue to beat until you get the stiff peaks stage.
6) Combine the batter and the meringue in 3 addition and using a spatula do the cut and fold method.
7) Divide the batter into 2 as equal as possible into the prepared cake pan and bake it for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick insert comes out clean.
8) After baking let it cool down in a cooling rack. Turn the cake pan upside down do not remove the cake pan when cooling it.
*ASSEMBLE THE CAKE*
9) Remove the cake from the cake pan and peel of the parchment paper. Level the cake using a serrated knife use the 8"of cake board or if you don't have one just use a plate.
10) Using a decorating bag filled the bag with icing and cut the tip and pipe a line of icing just inside the outer edge of the layer And add half of the macapuno filling. add another 1/2 cup of the icing in top of the macapuno and spread/flatten using a spatula now add the other cake upside down.
11) Ice the whole entire cake with icing start from the top down to the side. Once the entire cake is covered with the icing. Fill another piping bag with icing and use 1M piping tip to make rosette or a swirl and in the bottom pipe a shell around the side. and add the cherry on the top of the swirl/ rosette let is set the the fridge for few hours before serving what I did is I took 1/2 of the white icing before I add the ube flavoring and the food color but that is optional.
5 Large egg whites
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup unsalted butter softened
1 cup shortening
1-1/2 cup Powdered sugar
1 tsp Vanilla extra
1) Combine sugar and the egg whites to a large bowl ( your you can use your stand mixer bowl
)and cook it in a double boiler until the sugar has dissolved
2) Beat it until its is stiff peaks stage( your mixture should be glossy and holds it shape if you don't see this beat it more)
4) Sift in the powdered sugar and beat it at the lowest speed. Now slowly add in the butter and the shortening lastly add in the flavoring
Monday, January 28, 2019
For the Caramel
1 cup Granulated sugar
For the Flan
1 Can Evaporated milk
1 Can Condensed milk
1/4 Cup Granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla or lemon/lime rind
For The Sponge Cake
4 Egg Yolks
1/2 Cup Granulated sugar
1/4 Cup oil
1/4 Cup Milk (evaporated/fresh)
1 Tbsp Ube flavoring
1/4 Tsp Food color
2 Tbsp Ube halaya
1 Cup Cake flour
1/4 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Baking powder
For The Meringue
4 Egg whites
1/2 Tsp Cream of tartar
1/4 Cup Granulated sugar
1) Prepare 10x2 Cake pan. Melt the 1 cup sugar you can melt it straight to the cake pan or you can use heavy pot like I did. Melt the sugar until it turn into caramel. If your melting your sugar using pot then once the sugar turn into caramel transfer it right away into the cake pan and set it aside.
2) Make the Flan. In a large bowl whisk in the egg yolks and the sugar until its just well combine DO NOT over beat. Add the condensed milk, evaporated milk and the vanilla or rind stir and strain it into the prepared baking pan and set it aside.
4) Make The Cake. Beat the egg yolks and the sugar until its pale yellow color, add the ube and beat until its well combine.
5) Combine the milk, oil, ube flavoring and the food color. Add it into the egg yolks mixture.
6) Combine the cake flour, salt and the baking powder. Sift in to the wet mixture and beat until its just combine.
7) Make the meringue. Combine the cream of tartar and the egg whites and beat until it is frothy. Once it is frothy gradually add in the sugar continue to beat until you reach the stiff peaks stage.
8) Add the meringue into the batter in 3 addition and mix using the cut and fold method.
9) Pour the batter over the flan and bake it in a water bath 350 oven for about 1hr and 15 minutes half way through baking tint it with aluminum foil.
10) After baking let it cool down for about 15-20 minutes before transferring it into a serving dish or a cake stand run a stainless spatula around the edges of the cake and flip it upside down. Put it inside the fridge so the flan can set before serving.
Sunday, January 20, 2019
1-16 oz or 1-3/4 cup Grated frozen cassava thawed
1-can 354 ml Evaporated milk ( reserve 1/4 cup for toppings)
1- can 14 oz Condensed milk ( reserve 1/4 cup for toppings)
1- can 400 ml Coconut cream ( reserve 1/4 cup for toppings)
2- Large eggs slightly beaten
1/4 cup Granulated sugar
4 Tbsp unsalted melted butter
1/4 cup Evaporated milk
1/4 cup Condensed milk
1/4 cup Coconut cream
1 Egg yolk
1-1/2 Tbsp Granulated sugar
1) Pre heat the oven to 350 F
2) Line 24 muffin tin with aluminum cupcake liner or any nonstick cupcake liner. Spray with nonstick baking spray if using aluminum.
3) In a large bowl combine grated cassava, sugar, melted butter, evaporated milk, condensed milk, coconut cream, and eggs. mix well until sugar is dissolve.
4) Add/pour 1/4 cup of the mixture into prepared cupcake pan bake it for 40-45 minutes. After baking remove it from the oven and add 1-1/2 tsp toppings on each cassava. Put it back in the oven and bake it for additional 20 minutes and broil it for 5 minutes to have a nice golden brown tops.
1-For firmer texture of cassava add 1/2 cup more
2- For sweeter taste add 1/2 cup more of granulated sugar
this cassava cake has softer texture.
let it cool completely before serving.😋