Saturday, August 19, 2017
Hello Readers its time to share another recipe!😊 This recipes was requested of my youtube viewers I will be posting 2 different way of making the filling. So that way you can choose which one and also for those of you have seafood allergy.
Recipe with oyster sauce
500g Pork cut into small pieces (I used pork shoulder)
2 Cloves of garlic chopped
2 Large shallot diced
2 Tbsp cooking oil
2 Tbsp dark soy sauce
2 Tsp sugar
3 Tbsp oyster sauce
2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
1-1/2 Cup water
Recipe without oyster sauce
500g Pork cut into small pieces
2 Cloves of garlic chopped
2 Large shallot diced
2 Tbsp cooking Oil
1/3 Cup dark soy sauce
2 Tbsp sugar
1-1/2 Cup water
3 Cups all purpose flour
3/4 Cup warm milk
1/4 Cup granulated sugar
1/4 Tsp salt
1/2 Tbsp yeast
1 Egg slightly beaten
2 Tbsp lard or vegetable shortening
1) In a cooking pot over medium high heat add in the cooking oil once the oil is hot add in the garlic sauté until its start turning golden brown. Then add in the shallot cook it until it get translucent.
2) combine the soy sauc, sugar meat together. Then add in to the shallot and garlic saute it for about 30 minutes or until the sauce is almost gone. Add in the water, cook it until meat is tender for about 45 to 1 hr. Stirring occasionally add water if needed 1/4 cup at a time.
3) If using oyster and hoisin sauce add it when meat is tender and the sauce is getting thick. Turn off the heat and let it cool completely.
*While the filling is cooling down start making the dough*
4) Sprinkle 1 tbsp granulated sugar into the warm milk, then add in the yeast stir in and set it aside until it gets foamy.
5) combine all the dry ingredients flour, salt, and the rest of the sugar.
*As always I will use my bread machine to knead my dough. if you don't have one you can always knead a dough with your hand until smooth and elastic 7-8 minutes.*
6) Into the dough bucket add in the yeast mixture first, follow lard/shortening, flour mixture and lastly the egg. let the machine knead the dough.
7) Once the machine finish kneading the dough. Transfer it into greased bowl and let it rise for 1 hr. while the dough is rising prepare 5"inch wax paper to line the bottom of the siopao dough
8) after 1 hr punch the dough to get rid of air bubbles, then divide it into 65g each
9) Form each dough into a ball then flatten it for about 1/4 inch thick of 5 inch circle. Take 1 tbsp of the filling and place it in the center and start folding the inch of the dough. fold and pinched until you reached the other end. and start twisting then pinched it to sealed. Or you can just pinched all the ends of the dough if you just want you siopao to be just simple. Take a piece of the wax paper and place it at the bottom of the siopao.
10) Fill in Half full of you steamer with water and then let it boil over medium high heat steam the siopao for about 12- 15 minutes. Make sure you leave spaces atleast 3 inches to prevent the siopao from each other. Let it cool for 5 minutes before serving. Freeze the left over heat.
30 second at the microwave
Friday, August 11, 2017
Hello readers and followers! I have another recipe to share with you. This ensaymada recipe is very simple to make yet delicious. You don't even need a mold these are more likely the one you buy at the corner bakery/local bakery in the Philippines. The flour I used for this recipe is "King Arthur bread flour" and I find that it gives my bread a very soft texture so from now on I will be using this one you can use any other bread flour this is just my suggestion based on my experience. For the yeast I use SAF instant yeast.
4 cups Bread Flour
1 tsp Dough conditioner (optional)
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Instant Yeast
1-1/3 cup Warm Milk (I used whole milk)
4 Egg Yolks
1/3 cup Sugar
4 tbsp Unsalted Butter Softened
For The Toppings
1) Take 1 tbsp of sugar and sprinkle it to the warm milk then sprinkle in the yeast and whisk then set it aside until its foam up.
2) Once the yeast mixture is foam up and in 1/2 cup of flour and set it aside for 30 minutes.
3) Combine all drys ingredients such as, flour the remaining sugar and the salt.
4) In the bread machine bucket mixing bowl(if using) add in the milk and flour mixture, the flour, softened butter, and the egg yolks.
5) And let the machine knead the dough until smooth and elastic. if using hand knead it until smooth and elastic about 7-8 minutes.
6) Transfer the dough into a greased bowl and cover it. Let it rise for 2 hrs while the dough is rising prepare you baking pan lined it with parchment paper.
7) After 2 hrs. transfer the dough into your work surface. Now I have 2 way of shaping it, you can flatten the dough out with rolling pin into 20 inches long and 16 inches wide. Then using a dough cutter cut the dough 1 inch wide. or you can cut the dough into 65 oz each so that you can have equal sizes. I prefer the cutting and weighing the dough that way they all have the same sizes.
8) Roll each dough into a long rope 16 inches and start coiling it once you reach the end tuck it
9) After shaping all the dough cover it with kitchen towel or paper towel and let it rise again for another 1 hr.
10) Preheat your oven to 350F and bake it for 10 to 12 minutes or until the top get a little bit golden brown. let it cool down completely.
11) Once the ensaymada has cooled down take 1 tbsp of star magarine and spread it all over the top and then dunk it into the granulated sugar.
Sunday, July 30, 2017
3 Medium size mango
2-1/4 cups Cold heavy cream
1-14 oz can condensed milk
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract.
1) Puree the 2 mango in the blender and then shred the 1 mango using pangkayod ng niyog.If you don't have one just chopped it into bits/or small pieces.
2) Beat the cream into stiff peaks stage, then fold in the condensed milk carefully once the condensed milk is well combine, add in the mango puree and the vanilla fold in using a spatula.
3) Transfer the mixture into the container and freeze it 6hrs to overnight.
Monday, July 24, 2017
Hello everyone!! Heres another childhood recipe I'm sharing. I already have similar to this recipe but the only thing different is the yeast. I hope you guys try it just follow step by step and same ingredients I'm using as possible to achieve the result as mine.. Happy baking !😍😃
4 cups Rice ( I used broken jasmine rice you can also use long grain)
3-14 oz can Coconut cream (savoy brand that I used because it has thick consistency)
2 cups Granulated sugar
1/2 tbsp Yeast
1 tsp Baking powder
1) Wash the rice three times. Drain it really well.
2) Pour the 3 can of coconut cream into the washed rice and soak it for 1 hr.
4) While the rice is soaking prepare the mold. Cut the banana leaves into 5 inches circle shape then line it into the molds.( I used Brioche mold/ensaymada mold, if you are using Frozen banana leaves make sure you wash it then dry it with paper towel before cutting it into circle shape. And also you need to be very careful cutting it coz frozen one is very brittle they get ripped very quickly).
5) After 1 hr. puree the rice and coconut mixture in the blender (I use Nutri bullet) until smooth or when you rub the mixture between your finger you only feel a very tiny Grain or not at all.
6) Once everything is pureed add the sugar whisk in until sugar has dissolved. Then add the yeast and whisk until yeast is dissolved. cover the mixture and let it rise for 1 hr or until the mixture doubled up.
7) Once the mixture has risen add the egg and the baking powder and let it rest for another 20 minutes.
8) While the mixture is resting. Pre heat your oven to 375 F
9) After 20 minutes scoop out the mixture into the prepared molds 1/2 cup each. Then turn off the oven and turn on the broil. Broil the bingka on high for about 11 minutes at the bottom rack make sure you keep your eye on it too.
10) Once the top gets brown and has a lots of cracked turn off the broil and turn the oven back to 375F and tint the bingka with aluminum foil bake it for another 35 minutes.
Monday, July 17, 2017
For the filling:
273g Stale Bread cut into cubes
1/2 Cup Granulated sugar
3/4 Cup Condensed milk
1/2 Cup Ube halaya
2 Cups Milk
1 Tsp ube Flavoring
1/3 Tsp purple food color
3 Drops blue food color
*To Make The Filling*
1) Pour the milk into the stale bread. Soak it for 10 minutes.
2) Transfer the soaked bread into a large pot (preferably nonstick) add in the following. Sugar, condensed and the egg. cook this over medium high heat.
3) Once the mixture start boiling add in the ube halaya and mix well. Then add in the purple and blue food color.
4) Lower the heat into low meduim heat and continuously stirring until you reached the soft paste consistency. Once your reach that turn off the heat and add in the cube flavoring and let the cool completely.
* Lets Make The Dough*
For the dough I'm using my squash bread dough here.
3 1/2 cup Bread flour
1 tsp dough conditioner (optional)
1/2 tbsp yeast
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cup whole milk Warm
4 tbsp butter melted /softened
2 large eggs
2 drops yellow food coloring
1) Activate the yeast by adding 1 tbsp of granulated sugar into the warm milk then sprinkle the yeast whisk in and set it aside until it gets foamy.
2) Combine the sugar and bread flour together.
(to knead my dough I'm using my bread machine you can use your hand or stand mixer).
3) Into the bowl pour in the milk and yeast mixture, follow the food color, butter, bread flour mixture lastly add in the eggs.
4) Let the machine knead the dough until smooth and elastic. Once the is done transfer it into a bowl greased with vegetable oil. and cover it and let it rise for 1-1/2 - 2 hr. until it has doubled in size.
5) Once the dough has doubled in size transfer it into the works surface and divide it into 2 ( as equal as possible).
6) Flatten the dough with a rolling 15 inches long and 10 inches wide then spread half of the filling using a spatula. Then roll the dough into a log and pinched the side to sealed.
7) Cut/sliced the log 1-1/2 inch thick. And then put it into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let it rest for about 30-45 minutes until doubled in size.
8) While the dough is resting pre heat your oven 350F
9) Before baking brush it with eggs wash (1 egg diluted in 1 tbsp milk) and bake it for 20 minutes.. after baking let this cool down completely before serving. (the filling can burn you so be careful)
Hope you enjoy this another recipe I created. thank you 😘😍