Sunday, January 20, 2019
1-16 oz or 1-3/4 cup Grated frozen cassava thawed
1-can 354 ml Evaporated milk ( reserve 1/4 cup for toppings)
1- can 14 oz Condensed milk ( reserve 1/4 cup for toppings)
1- can 400 ml Coconut cream ( reserve 1/4 cup for toppings)
2- Large eggs slightly beaten
1/4 cup Granulated sugar
4 Tbsp unsalted melted butter
1/4 cup Evaporated milk
1/4 cup Condensed milk
1/4 cup Coconut cream
1 Egg yolk
1-1/2 Tbsp Granulated sugar
1) Pre heat the oven to 350 F
2) Line 24 muffin tin with aluminum cupcake liner or any nonstick cupcake liner. Spray with nonstick baking spray if using aluminum.
3) In a large bowl combine grated cassava, sugar, melted butter, evaporated milk, condensed milk, coconut cream, and eggs. mix well until sugar is dissolve.
4) Add/pour 1/4 cup of the mixture into prepared cupcake pan bake it for 40-45 minutes. After baking remove it from the oven and add 1-1/2 tsp toppings on each cassava. Put it back in the oven and bake it for additional 20 minutes and broil it for 5 minutes to have a nice golden brown tops.
1-For firmer texture of cassava add 1/2 cup more
2- For sweeter taste add 1/2 cup more of granulated sugar
this cassava cake has softer texture.
let it cool completely before serving.😋
Saturday, January 5, 2019
3 cups oil Vegetable or Canola
1/4 cup Light brown sugar
5 pcs bamboo Skewers
1) Add 3 cups of oil into a deep frying pan and turn your stove into medium high heat
2) Peel the skin of the sweet potato /kamote and wash the sweet potato
3) Cut the sweet potato according to your likeness. I cut mine into kind of triangle shape
4) Your oil should be hot enough to cook the sweet potato. So add the sweet potato/Kamote and cook it for about 8-10 minutes or until its softened.
5) Once the Kamote is cook remove it from the oil. Add in the sugar and wait until the sugar float then add the cooked kamote and stirring constantly until the kamote is well coated with the sugar
6)Remove it from the oil and put it in a bamboo skewers
Saturday, December 29, 2018
Ube Rice Puto Recipe
2 Cups Long grain white rice
2 cups Water(to soak the rice)
1 cup Whole milk
1 cup Granulated sugar
3 tsp Baking Powder
4 tbsp Melted butter
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Ube flavoring
1 Egg Slightly Beaten
slices of cheese (your choice)
1) Wash the rice 3x add in the 2 cups of water. Soak the rice for 1 hr.
2) After 1hour drain the water and replace it with 1 cup of milk.
3) Prepare the steamer. Fill in halfway of the steamer with water and bring it to the stove it it boil over medium low heat.
4) Puree the rice using a Kitchen blender (I use Nutri bullet) until it is smooth. Pour it into the large bowl. Add the reamining of the ingredients whisking each addition . melted butter, granulated sugar, salt, egg, ube flavoring and the baking powder.
5) Brush your mold with melted butter. Fill in the mold with 3/4 full of the mixture and steam it for 15 minutes add the cheese and cook it for another 3 more minutes.
6) Remove the puto from the mold and arrange it into a serving dish