Saturday, December 1, 2018
3/4 Cups Cake Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Salt
4 Egg Yolks
1/4 Cup Milk (Fresh or Evap)
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
4 Tbsp Unsalted Melted Butter
1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 Cup Ube Halaya
1 Tbsp Ube Flavoring
3-4 Drops of food Purple/violet Food color
4 Egg Whites
1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
1) Prepare the mold buy brushing or lining with nonstick cup cake liner. ( you can brush with melted butter and sprinkle with flour or you can make this 1tbsp oil,1tbsp flour and 1tbsp shortening mix well until it form like a paste)
2)In a large bowl combine the egg yolks and the granulated sugar. Beat, until its pale yellow color. Add in the melted butter beat it again then, add in the oil, milk,ube flavoring and the food color and beat it until its well combine. Combine the flour, salt and the baking powder and sift that into the batter and using a spatula fold that in until the flour is well combine into the batter.
3) Beat the egg whites until its frothy then gradually add in the granulated sugar continue to beat until you reach the stiff peak stage.
4) Combine the meringue into the batter in 3 addition. using a spatula use the cut n fold method to combine this 2.
5)Using a Ice cream scooper or 1/4 measuring cup. Scoop the batter into the prepared mold and bake this for about 15-18 minutes of until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Monday, November 26, 2018
1 Cup Cooked Ube
1 Cup Cooked Sweet Potato (Camote)
1 Can 400 ml Coconut Cream
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar ( use less sugar if using ube halaya)
1 Can 14 Oz Condensed Milk
3/4 cup Glutinous Rice Flour
1/4 Cup Rice Flour
1 tsp Ube Flavoring
1 Drop of Yellow food color
Toppings of your choice I used toasted sweetened coconut flakes.
1) Prepare the mold and steamer. Greased the mold with butter or coconut oil.
2) In a large bowl combine. both flour, sugar, condensed milk and coconut cream. Using a wire whisk whisk in until Lumps free.
3) In a blender add in the 1 cup of the cooked ube then add 1+2tbsp of the mixture and the ube flavoring puree until its well blended. Do the same with the sweet potato or your color yellow mixture.
4) So now you should have 3 Batter. 1 yellow, 1 purple (ube) and one regular (white).
5) Using a puto mold or cupcake silicone mold. Add in 1 tbsp of purple mixture. Steam for 12 minutes, add 1 tbsp yellow mixture and steam for another 12 minutes and lastly add in the plain white mixture and steam for another 12 minutes.
6) Remove from the mold and add your favorite toppings and enjoy :) this will make 20 pcs