Monday, February 19, 2018
for the dough
2 cups Glutinous rice flour
1/2 Sweetened coconut or desiccated coconut
1 cup Water
For the sugar coating
1 cup Brown sugar dark or light
1/2 cup Water
3 cups og vegetable or canola oil for frying
Bamboo skewers (optional)
1) In a large bowl combine the flour and the coconut. Add in the water in 3 addition mix well until it form like a dough. (if your dough is too dry add 1 tsp of water at a time. If its too wet add water 1 tsp at a time until you reach the right consistency of the dough. But I find the wetter the dough the better.)
2) Lined a baking pan with parchment paper or foil sprinkle it with cornstarch if using foil to prevent the dough from sticking.
3) Add 3 cups of oil into the frying pan let this heat up over medium high heat.
4) Now shape the dough into a bowl I use small ice cream scooper to get the same sizes. Once you shape the dough into a ball put it into the baking pan that you line with foil or parchment paper.
5) Fry each ball until its start getting golden brown about 6-8 minutes stirring constantly . ( to prevent from the dough bursting or popping make a whole by inserting a bamboo skewers or a toothpick. Also if your dough is a little bit wetter it burst less.)
Prepare the syrup:
1) In a pot combine the water and the brown sugar bring it to a boil over medium high heat for about 6-8 minutes or until the mixture has bubbled up.
3)You can just serve like this or you can put them in a bamboo skewers.
Tuesday, February 6, 2018
250g Cake Flour
100g Granulated Sugar
3 Egg Yolks
1/2 Tbsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter Softened
1/4 Cup Ube Halaya
1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
150 ML Condensed Milk
3/4 Cup Evaporated Milk ( I used warm milk when I make this due to the very cold weather temp.)
1 Tbsp Ube Flavoring
2 Drops of Violet Food Color (I use gel)
Grated cheese for topping (I used Eden cheese)
For The Meringue
3 Egg Whites
100g Granulated Sugar
1/4 Tsp Cream of Tartar
1) Lined 24 muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2)Beat the butter until smooth, add the ube and mix until it is well combine. Add the egg yolks and mix again until this 3 are well combine.
3) Add the condensed milk and whisk that in. Add the evaporated milk and the oil. Once all the liquid ingredients are all in add the ube flavoring and the food color.
4) Combine all the dry ingredients and sift in to the wet ingredients whisk in until its just combine.(do not over mix).
5) Now Its time to Preheat your oven to 350F
6) Combine the Cream of tartar and the egg whites and beat until it is frothy. Then gradually add in the sugar. and continue beating until you get the stiff peaks stage.
7) Combine the meringue into the batter in 3 addition using a spatula mix it using cut and fold method.
9) Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan filling 3/4 full. Add the cheese toppings and bake it for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Friday, January 26, 2018
Hello Readers and Youtube subscriber! this bread maybe very familiar to you. I been wanting to try this bread and I finally did. I think it doesn't look that bad as for the first time. For the dough of this bread im using my classic ensaymada recipe. I added also a coarsely crushedFerrero Rocher chocolate but it is optional.
4 cups Bread Flour
1 tsp Dough conditioner (optional)
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Instant Yeast
1-1/3 cup Warm Milk (I used whole milk)
4 Egg Yolks
1/3 cup Sugar
4 tbsp Unsalted Butter Softened
For the filling
1-13 oz jar Nutella
12 pcs Ferrero rocher coarsely crushed (optional)
For the egg wash
1 egg yolk diluted in 1 tbsp of water or milk
1)Activate the yeast by adding 1 tbsp of sugar into the warm milk. Then add in the yeast whisk in and set it aside until it is foamy.
2)Once the yeast mixture gets foamy, add in 1/2 of bread flour whisk in and set it aside for about 30 minutes.(the mixture should be double in size)
3) Combine the rest of the dry ingredients. flour, salt and sugar.
4)Kneading the dough: if using a stand mixer, bread machine of just hand. in a bowl pour in the yeast, milk and flour mixture, the melted butter, flour mixture and the egg yolks. Knead the dough until it smooth and elastic.
5)Transfer the dough into a well greased bowl and cover it with damp cloth and let it rise for 1 hr or until it doubled in size.( if your place is cold like mine, pour a hot water into a bowl and put the greased bowl with the dough in the top of it.)
6) Divide the dough into 4 equal size and shape it into a ball so that it will be easier to roll into a circle.
7)roll out the first part of the dough into circle you can use a big plate as a guide(I used 12 inch plate) spread some nuttela on the first part of the dough and sprinkle the crushed Ferrero. Roll out the 2nd part and put it on the top of the first one. Spread another nuttela on the top of the 2nd part of the dough and sprinkle a crushed Ferrero. do the same to the 3rd part. Add the 4th part and leave it plain.(this is gonna be the cover)
8) Use the plate as your guide to achieve the nice circle shape and cut around the excess dough. Put 4 inch wide bottom glass or cup in the middle. Make 4 cuts first 3 o'clock,6 o'clock 9 o'clock and 12 o'clock.then cut cut those 4 cuts in half again=8 then cut another half to make 16 cuts around the circle.
9) Grab 2 pcs and twist in an opposite direction. Brush it with the egg wash and let it rest for 30-45 minutes until its almost double in size.
10) bake at 350 F oven for about 20-25 minutes. let cool down completely. Store in the air tight container if there is a left over.
Saturday, January 6, 2018
Hi readers and YouTubers! sugar&sprinkles is here again to share another Pinoy meryenda(snack)
3/4 cup Cake flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1/8 tsp Salt
3 Egg yolks
1/4 cup Milk'
2 tbsp Oil
1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
For The Meringue
3 Egg whites
1/4 cup Granulated sugar
1) Pre heat you oven to 350 F
2) Mix 1 tbsp vegetable oil,1 tbsp shortening & 1tbsp of all purpose flour. Using a wire whisk, whisk in until this 3 ingredients is well blended. Brush 10 mamon molds using this mixture or you can use softened butter to grease you molds.
3) In a large bowl combine egg yolks and granulated sugar using a wire whisk, whisk in until its slightly pale yellow. Add in the milk and the oil and whisk again until its well blended.
4) Sift in the flour,baking powder and the salt into the egg yolks mixture. Whisk in until its just combine.
5) Using an hand mixer beat the egg whites until it gets frothy then gradually add in the sugar and continue beat the egg whites until you get to the stiff peaks stage.
6) Add in the meringue into the yolks and flour mixture in 3 addition. Using a spatula just fold it in using a cut and fold method.
7) Poured in 1/3 cup of the mamon butter into the prepared molds and bake it for 20 minutes.
8) After 20 minutes remove from the oven and let it cool down for 5 or 10 minutes or until its cool enough to handle.
9) Once its cool enough to handle remove the mamon from the molds just slightly loosen the edges and then slowly lift it up put it in the cooling rack to let it cool down completely. You can top it with butter and cheese if you like I just like it plain and pair it with hot coffee in the morning. Store it in the air tight container.
Sunday, December 31, 2017
410 grams Old Bread cut into cubes (about 17 pcs of sandwich bread)
1- 14 oz can Condensed milk
1-12 oz can Evaporated milk
1-14 oz can Coconut cream/milk
2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 cup Granulated sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon powder (add more if you like)
1/2 cup Raisins (optional)
1) In a large bowl combine granulated sugar and the eggs whisk it using a wire whisk until its well combine. Add in the cinnamon powder and whisk it again. Add in the condensed milk, coconut cream and evaporated milk whisk it again then, lastly add in the vanilla extract.
2) Sprinkle the raisins into the bread, slowly pour in the custard mixture. Using a spatula carefully mix it just to make sure the bread get well coated with custard. let it set for 10
3) While the pudding mixture is resting pre heat your oven into 350 F. Line 9x13 baking pang with parchment paper.
4) Slowly pour in the pudding mixture into the prepared pan. Level the top using a spatula by pressing the top.
5) Bake it for about 1hr or until the top gets golden brown. Let it cool down completely before cutting or serving.
Sunday, December 3, 2017
16 pcs Medium size Green banana (I bought mine at my local asian store because, but if have the Saba available I suggest to use that instead )
1-1/2 cup Grated coconut
1- 14 oz can Condensed milk
1/4 cup Star margarine/butter
1/2 Granulated sugar
Grated cheese (I used Eden cheese)
1) Separate the banana one by one then put into the large pot add in the water, just the banana is submerge with water.
2) Boil the banana until its tender/soft. Turn off the heat and pour out the water and let it cool down before removing the skin.
4) Once you take all the skin of the banana, you can start mashing it with a potato masher or if you have a food processor you can pulse it until you no longer seeing chunks of the banana.
5) Add in all the ingredients mixing each addition. Start with the margarine first then follow the condensed milk, mix the coconut and the sugar then add it into the banana mixture.
6) Line the 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper and bake it for 45 minutes in preheated oven for 350.
7) And lastly add in the cheese you can add more or less.
Saturday, November 18, 2017
The puto batter can make 15 puto. and you gonna have more left over on the filling
feel free to double the batter recipe if you want.
1 lb Pork meat cut into strips
1 Medium size onion chopped
2 Cloves garlic minced
1/2 Cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
1/4 Cup sugar
1 Cup water (if not using pressure cooker)
2 tbsp of cornstarch diluted in water about 3 tbsp water
2 Tbsp cooking oil
1) In a pot over medium high heat add in 2 tbsp of cooking oil once the oil gets hot add in the garlic until slightly golden brown then follow the onion saute until onion gets softened. Combine the meat, soy sauce and the sugar. Then add it to the garlic and onion mixture. Add the water and cooked it until meat is softened. Stirring occasionally (for my filling I used my Insta pot so I didn't add the water and cook it for 15 minutes).
2) Once the meat is cooked add in the hoisin sauce and the cornstarch. Make sure your stirring while adding the cornstarch and water mixture. Turn the heat off and let it cool down.
For the Puto
1 Cup cake flour
3/4 Cup rice flour
1/2 Cup granulated sugar
1/2 Tsp salt
2 Tsp Baking powder
3 Tbsp melted
1 Cup Fresh Milk
Slice salted eggs for the toppings ( I use hard boil because I don't have salted egg at the moment)
1) Fill up 3/4 full of the steamer and bring it to a boil over medium high heat.
2) Combine all dry ingredients. Both flour, baking powder, sugar, salt.
3) To the dry ingredients add in the milk, egg, and melted butter. Using a wire whisk whisk until its just combine.
4) Brush the puto molds with melted butter and fill in a tbsp of a mixture then add in a tbsp of the meat mixture and then cover it with another tbsp of the puto batter then top it with slice salted eggs
5) Steam it for 15-18 minutes.
- ► 2017 (42)