5 cups Grated Cassava/Yucca
1-16 oz Grated coconut divided
2-1/2 cup Dark brown sugar divided
*For the homemade steamer*
large empty can to use as a steamer
1 small empty coconut shell
1) Take 1/2 of of grated cassava and set it aside. Squeeze the juice of the cassava using a cheese cloth, remove the juice as much as possible.
2) Once you take all the juice out, start breaking the clump with your clean hand.
3) make the steamer. Drill some extra hole on the coconut shell. then using an empty 1 qt can put the coconut shell in the top of a can. use the 1/2 of grated cassava that you set aside to sealed the side. Set it aside and we will make the bukayo or the filling (I use and empty can of pineapple juice, use any kind you have as long as it big enough to fit the coconut shell)
4) In a sauce pan add 1 cup water and 1&1/2 cup of dark brown sugar. Bring it to the stove and cook over medium high heat until it has thicken. Add 1/2 or 8oz of the grated coconut. Cook until there is no more liquid. Set it aside.
5) Add 2.5 cup of water into the prepared/homemade steamer cover it with sauce pan lid and bring it to the stove over medium low heat and wait for it to boil.
6) While waiting for it to boil, prepare the cassava. To the other half of the grated coconut add 1/2 of the brown sugar and mix well. Add another 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar into the grated cassava now combine this two together.
7) Into the steamer add 2 strips of banana leaves as shown in the picture this will help. removing the puto easily.
Post a Comment