2 Cups Rice flour
1&1/4 Cup Water
1 Cup Granulated sugar divided
1/4 Tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Baking powder
2 Egg whites
1/4 Tsp Cream of tartar (optional)
cheese for toppings
1) In a large bowl combine rice flour and water mix and set it aside for 30 minutes.
2) Fill in half way full of your steamer and bring it a boil over medium high heat.
3) In a separate bowl add in the egg whites and cream of tartar. Using a handheld mixer beat until its frothy. Once its frothy, gradually add in 1/2 of the sugar continue beating until you reach the stiff peaks stage.
4) Combine the remaining of the sugar, baking powder and the salt. And then add it to the rice flour mixture.
5) Using a spatula combine the rice mixture and the meringue in three addition, using folding method.
6) Line your puto mold using muffin liner. Add in 3/4 full of the puto batter sprinkle some cheese and steam it for about 10-12 minutes.