350g Cake flour
250g Bread flour
300g Granulated sugar
3 egg yolks
1 1/2 tbsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/4 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup or 1 stick butter melted or very soft
1/3 cup vegetable oil
For The Meringue
3 Egg whites
1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
50g Granulated sugar
1)Pre heat your oven to 525 F
2)Prepare the mold I use ensaymada mold or brioche mold. Grease it by brushing a vegetable shortening then, sprinkle it with flour and tap it to get rid of the excess flour.
3) In a sauce pan combine the evaporated milk and the sugar bring to the stove and cook it over
medium high heat just until sugar has dissolved. (3 to 5 minutes)
4) Combine dry ingredients both flour, Baking powder and the baking soda.
5) Add in the butter into the milk mixture. stir it until its well combine and lastly add the oil.
6) In a large bowl whisk in the egg yolks until slightly pale color. Then slowly add in the milk mixture and continuously whisking.
7) Lets make the meringue. In a clean bowl pour in the egg whites and add in the cream of tartar. Beat it until its frothy. Then slowly add in the sugar while continuously beating, beat it until you reach the stiff peaks stage.
8) Sift in half of the flour in to the milk butter and oil mixture. and slowly fold in using a spatula then add the other half.
9) Take 1/2 of the butter and fold it into the meringue. Then add the rest fold in until its well combine.
10) Fill in the prepared mold half way of the mixture and tap it a little bit.
11) Before baking, make an X mark on the top of the batter. Using a piece of clean cardboard and dip it to the vegetable oil. This will give the torta a crack on the top.
12) Bake it 5 to 7 minutes till the top has risen. Then lower the temperature to 350 and bake it until toothpick inserted comes out clean. If your torta gets darken fast tent it with aluminum foil to prevent from burning.
enjoy it with coffee in the morning 😋
HI..you mention egg yolk, but there's no egg yolk in your recipe.ReplyDelete
Check first have a egg yolkDelete
Meron nman egg yolk sa recipe, I read carefully poDelete
hi! sorry I just updated now..thank you :)ReplyDelete
Hi i made one last night for the first time but it turns out very dry.I followed everything.I wonder if this is supposed to be in dry side or a moist one?The outside was fine but the inside is very dry.ReplyDelete
Di ba xa over bake? Usually kc if dry ang loob over bake xa, otherwise may kulang sa recipe...Delete
I guess, you have to increase1/3 cup of veg oil to 1/2 c. Hope it'll help you. Happy baking.ReplyDelete
why i cant find the option to download the recipe?ReplyDelete
how many days is the shelf life of the bread?ReplyDelete
Subukan ko tong gawin. Sana maperpek ko .ty sa recipe....ReplyDelete
If you are looking for a torta of your childhood, the kind sold in the local.bakery or sari-sari store, then this is the recipe.
Your tip for getting the perfect crack is fool proof! I will apply that trick to my muffins and loaf cakes.
Daghang salamat. :)
san po ba mas maganda result,electric oven or gas oven,thanks.ReplyDelete