350g Cake flour
250g Bread flour
300g Granulated sugar
3 egg yolks
1 1/2 tbsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/4 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup or 1 stick butter melted or very soft
1/3 cup vegetable oil
For The Meringue
3 Egg whites
1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
50g Granulated sugar
1)Pre heat your oven to 525 F
2)Prepare the mold I use ensaymada mold or brioche mold. Grease it by brushing a vegetable shortening then, sprinkle it with flour and tap it to get rid of the excess flour.
3) In a sauce pan combine the evaporated milk and the sugar bring to the stove and cook it over
medium high heat just until sugar has dissolved. (3 to 5 minutes)
4) Combine dry ingredients both flour, Baking powder and the baking soda.
5) Add in the butter into the milk mixture. stir it until its well combine and lastly add the oil.
6) In a large bowl whisk in the egg yolks until slightly pale color. Then slowly add in the milk mixture and continuously whisking.
7) Lets make the meringue. In a clean bowl pour in the egg whites and add in the cream of tartar. Beat it until its frothy. Then slowly add in the sugar while continuously beating, beat it until you reach the stiff peaks stage.
8) Sift in half of the flour in to the milk butter and oil mixture. and slowly fold in using a spatula then add the other half.
9) Take 1/2 of the butter and fold it into the meringue. Then add the rest fold in until its well combine.
10) Fill in the prepared mold half way of the mixture and tap it a little bit.
11) Before baking, make an X mark on the top of the batter. Using a piece of clean cardboard and dip it to the vegetable oil. This will give the aorta a crack on the top.
12) Bake it 5 to 7 minutes till the top has risen. Then lower the temperature to 350 and bake it until toothpick inserted comes out clean. If your sorta gets darken fast tent it with aluminum foil to prevent from burning.
enjoy it with coffee in the morning 😋