Monday, July 3, 2017
Filipino Yo-Yo Bread recipe
Hello guys!! I'm sharing another great recipe for yo-yo bread I'm not sure if anybody remember this bread. But I do remember growing up in the Philippines, and seeing this at the local bakery store. This recipe was asked of one of my youtube viewers. and I hope you guys like this recipe..
1-1/2 cup Water Warm
3/4 cup oil
375g Granulated sugar
3 Large eggs
1 Tbsp Baking powder
1 Tbsp Yeast
2 tbsp butter softened
750g All purpose flour
2-3 drops food color
1 tsp use food flavoring (optional)
1)Preheat your oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Sprinkle 1 tbsp of granulated sugar into the warm water the, add in the yeast stir and sit it side until its frothy.
3)Into the mixing bowl of a stand mixer beat the eggs 2-3 minutes then add in the granulated sugar. continue beating and slowly add in the rest of the ingredients.(butter, Yeat mixture, oil,food color) Once the all add in do not stop the mixer just put it at the lowest speed.
4) Combine baking powder and flour together, slowly add in into the liquid mixture let it mix until just combine.
5) Fill in 3/4 full the pastry bag of the batter, and start piping circle into the prepared baking sheet. About 1-1/2 tbsp of the batter.
6) Bake it at the preheated oven for about 8-10 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7) Once its done let it cool completely.
8) Once it has cooled down, take a 1/2 tbsp of star margarine and spread it on the bottom part of the yo-yo then take another one and put them together. Its like making a sandwich then roll it on the granulated sugar until its all coated.
And there you have yoyo bread! enjoy