Monday, July 17, 2017
Pan de Ube Recipe
For the filling:
273g Stale Bread cut into cubes
1/2 Cup Granulated sugar
3/4 Cup Condensed milk
1/2 Cup Ube halaya
2 Cups Milk
1 Tsp ube Flavoring
1/3 Tsp purple food color
3 Drops blue food color
*To Make The Filling*
1) Pour the milk into the stale bread. Soak it for 10 minutes.
2) Transfer the soaked bread into a large pot (preferably nonstick) add in the following. Sugar, condensed and the egg. cook this over medium high heat.
3) Once the mixture start boiling add in the ube halaya and mix well. Then add in the purple and blue food color.
4) Lower the heat into low meduim heat and continuously stirring until you reached the soft paste consistency. Once your reach that turn off the heat and add in the cube flavoring and let the cool completely.
* Lets Make The Dough*
For the dough I'm using my squash bread dough here.
3 1/2 cup Bread flour
1 tsp dough conditioner (optional)
1/2 tbsp yeast
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cup whole milk Warm
4 tbsp butter melted /softened
2 large eggs
2 drops yellow food coloring
1) Activate the yeast by adding 1 tbsp of granulated sugar into the warm milk then sprinkle the yeast whisk in and set it aside until it gets foamy.
2) Combine the sugar and bread flour together.
(to knead my dough I'm using my bread machine you can use your hand or stand mixer).
3) Into the bowl pour in the milk and yeast mixture, follow the food color, butter, bread flour mixture lastly add in the eggs.
4) Let the machine knead the dough until smooth and elastic. Once the is done transfer it into a bowl greased with vegetable oil. and cover it and let it rise for 1-1/2 - 2 hr. until it has doubled in size.
5) Once the dough has doubled in size transfer it into the works surface and divide it into 2 ( as equal as possible).
6) Flatten the dough with a rolling 15 inches long and 10 inches wide then spread half of the filling using a spatula. Then roll the dough into a log and pinched the side to sealed.
7) Cut/sliced the log 1-1/2 inch thick. And then put it into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let it rest for about 30-45 minutes until doubled in size.
8) While the dough is resting pre heat your oven 350F
9) Before baking brush it with eggs wash (1 egg diluted in 1 tbsp milk) and bake it for 20 minutes.. after baking let this cool down completely before serving. (the filling can burn you so be careful)
Hope you enjoy this another recipe I created. thank you 😘😍
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment