Friday, August 11, 2017
Classic / Simple Ensaymada Recipe
Hello readers and followers! I have another recipe to share with you. This ensaymada recipe is very simple to make yet delicious. You don't even need a mold these are more likely the one you buy at the corner bakery/local bakery in the Philippines. The flour I used for this recipe is "King Arthur bread flour" and I find that it gives my bread a very soft texture so from now on I will be using this one you can use any other bread flour this is just my suggestion based on my experience. For the yeast I use SAF instant yeast.
4 cups Bread Flour
1 tsp Dough conditioner (optional)
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Instant Yeast
1-1/3 cup Warm Milk (I used whole milk)
4 Egg Yolks
1/3 cup Sugar
4 tbsp Unsalted Butter Softened
For The Toppings
1) Take 1 tbsp of sugar and sprinkle it to the warm milk then sprinkle in the yeast and whisk then set it aside until its foam up.
2) Once the yeast mixture is foam up and in 1/2 cup of flour and set it aside for 30 minutes.
3) Combine all drys ingredients such as, flour the remaining sugar and the salt.
4) In the bread machine bucket mixing bowl(if using) add in the milk and flour mixture, the flour, softened butter, and the egg yolks.
5) And let the machine knead the dough until smooth and elastic. if using hand knead it until smooth and elastic about 7-8 minutes.
6) Transfer the dough into a greased bowl and cover it. Let it rise for 2 hrs while the dough is rising prepare you baking pan lined it with parchment paper.
7) After 2 hrs. transfer the dough into your work surface. Now I have 2 way of shaping it, you can flatten the dough out with rolling pin into 20 inches long and 16 inches wide. Then using a dough cutter cut the dough 1 inch wide. or you can cut the dough into 65 oz each so that you can have equal sizes. I prefer the cutting and weighing the dough that way they all have the same sizes.
8) Roll each dough into a long rope 16 inches and start coiling it once you reach the end tuck it
9) After shaping all the dough cover it with kitchen towel or paper towel and let it rise again for another 1 hr.
10) Preheat your oven to 350F and bake it for 10 to 12 minutes or until the top get a little bit golden brown. let it cool down completely.
11) Once the ensaymada has cooled down take 1 tbsp of star magarine and spread it all over the top and then dunk it into the granulated sugar.
- ▼ August (3)