Sunday, September 24, 2017
Hello followers! on this post I'm gonna share another pinoy recipe Otap! this otap is not crumbly like the one we bought at the supermarket in the Philippines. But the taste is very good, maybe because of the flour? most bakery in the Philippines use 3 types of flour. 1st class, 2nd class and 3rd class. I used bread flour for this recipe almost similar to the first class. The key to make otap is when you roll your dough you need to roll it as thin as possible. Happy baking..
For the dough:
4 cups Bread flour
1/2 cup Granulated sugar
1 Tbsp Instant yeast
1/2 tsp salt
3 Egg yolks
2 Tbs Lard
4 Tbsp melted butter
1 cup Warm milk
You also gonna need granulated sugar for the toppings and vegetable oil to brush the dough.
1) Activate the yeast by adding 1 tbsp of granulated sugar to the warm milk. Stir and add in the yeast whisk and set it aside until the mixture gets foamy.
2) Combine the flour, sugar and the salt.
4) As always I used my bread machine to knead my dough. But if you don't have one you can always knead the dough by hand. Knead the dough until smooth and elastic. If kneading it by hand just combine all the liquid first then add in the dry. If ever you find your dough sticky just add in 1 tbsp of flour at a time. Once the dough is done form it into a ball and transfer it to the large bowl greased with 1 tbsp vegetable oil. And let the dough rise for about 45 to 1 hr it depend how warm your place.
5) After 1hr take the dough out and roll it out as thins as you can. (almost like a paper thin) trim the side then, with vegetable oil and a pastry brush. Brush the dough with oil leaving 1/4 inch away from the side. Once your done start rolling the dough into a log and sealed the side.
6) Cut each dough crosswise about 1/2 inch thick I cut mine about 1 inch and my otap is way to big for me. So I suggested to cut it 1/2 inch thick after cut all the dough let it rise again for another 30-45 minutes.
7) Flatten out each cut dough using a rolling pin into thin and long and dip it into the granulated sugar. Bake it at preheated oven 350 F for about 15 to 18 minutes. But before baking give it another run on the rolling pin. Once its done baking transfer it into a cooling rack.
- ► 2018 (19)
- ▼ September (4)