Saturday, January 6, 2018
Hi readers and YouTubers! sugar&sprinkles is here again to share another Pinoy meryenda(snack)
3/4 cup Cake flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1/8 tsp Salt
3 Egg yolks
1/4 cup Milk'
2 tbsp Oil
1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
For The Meringue
3 Egg whites
1/4 cup Granulated sugar
1) Pre heat you oven to 350 F
2) Mix 1 tbsp vegetable oil,1 tbsp shortening & 1tbsp of all purpose flour. Using a wire whisk, whisk in until this 3 ingredients is well blended. Brush 10 mamon molds using this mixture or you can use softened butter to grease you molds.
3) In a large bowl combine egg yolks and granulated sugar using a wire whisk, whisk in until its slightly pale yellow. Add in the milk and the oil and whisk again until its well blended.
4) Sift in the flour,baking powder and the salt into the egg yolks mixture. Whisk in until its just combine.
5) Using an hand mixer beat the egg whites until it gets frothy then gradually add in the sugar and continue beat the egg whites until you get to the stiff peaks stage.
6) Add in the meringue into the yolks and flour mixture in 3 addition. Using a spatula just fold it in using a cut and fold method.
7) Poured in 1/3 cup of the mamon butter into the prepared molds and bake it for 20 minutes.
8) After 20 minutes remove from the oven and let it cool down for 5 or 10 minutes or until its cool enough to handle.
9) Once its cool enough to handle remove the mamon from the molds just slightly loosen the edges and then slowly lift it up put it in the cooling rack to let it cool down completely. You can top it with butter and cheese if you like I just like it plain and pair it with hot coffee in the morning. Store it in the air tight container.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I think your oven is too hot for this recipe. Try 325 degrees in Conventional Oven so you will have a lighter top.ReplyDelete
thank you for your suggestion.ReplyDelete
Nice recipe. It is really yummy. i enjoyed it a lot. Thanks for sharing the postReplyDelete
Instead of cake flour can i just use the all purpose flour for this recipe...?ReplyDelete