Tuesday, April 24, 2018
Bahug bahug/Pande Pula Recipe
2 lbs Old bread cubes
1-14 oz can condensed milk
1 cup Granulated sugar
1 Tbsp Vanilla
Red food coloring
4 cups Milk
1/4 cup Heavy cream (optional)
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Unsalted butter/1 stick
4 Large eggs
3 cups Bread flour
1-1/4 cup Warm milk
1/4 cup Granulated sugar
1 egg yolks for egg wash
1 tbsp sesame seeds for the toppings
Procedure: (for the filling)
1) In a large bowl combine everything except for the bread, butter and food color
2) Once everything is well combine slowly pour it to the bread.
3) Cook the filling over medium high heat. Once the mixture is warm enough add in the butter and the food color.its up to you how intense your color. when the mixture has thicken up and no more liquids you can now turn the heat off. And start making the dough.
Procedure: (For the dough)
1) Add 1 tbsp of sugar to the warm milk then add the yeast set it aside until its foam up.
2) Combine the flour and the sugar together.
3) Im using my bread machine to knead my dough. You can use your hand or stand mixer. Knead the dough until smooth and elastic.
4) Greased 9x13 baking pan. Roll out the dough right after you finish kneading make sure it enough to cover the top and the bottom of the baking pan.
5) Once you roll out the dough transfer it to the baking pan covering the bottom first. Add in the filling before covering the top make sure you level it by pushing it with hand or spatula.
6) Cover the top and pinched to sealed the tuck the side in. Using a fork poke some wholes all over and then brush it egg wash and sprinkle the sesame seeds.
7) Bake it at preheated oven 350F for 30 minutes or until the top gets golden brown.
8) let it cool down completely before slicing it.
- ▼ 2018 (23)
- ► 2017 (42)