Sunday, October 15, 2017
Hopia Mungo Recipe
1-14 oz split peeled mung bean
3/4 cup Condensed milk
1/2 cup Granulated sugar
2 tbsp Butter
2 cups Water
1) Wash the munggo 2-3 times. Soak it with water for atlas 1hr. Drain the water and replace it with 2 cups (water).
2) Cook it over medium high heat until the munggo get softened. (While cooking make sure you keep your eye on it coz when it start boiling there is a chance of the water to overflow)
3) Transfer the cook munggo into a blender add in the condensed milk and puree it into a fine texture.
4) Put it back to the pot and add in the sugar and the butter. Cook it over medium low heat stirring constantly and scraping the bottom at the same time until mixture thicken up like soft paste. Turn the heat off and let it cool completely.
Hopia Dough Recipe
2-1/2 cup All purpose flour
1/4 cup Granulated sugar
3/4 cup Lard
1/2 cup +1 tbsp Water
1/4 tsp Salt
1) Combine flour, sugar and salt.
2) Add in half of the lard mix using your hand once its all combine add in the other half. When flour and lard are well combine add in the water mix until the mixture start forming into a dough. form it
into a ball and set it aside.
1-1/2 cup All purpose flour
1/2 cup Lard.
1) Combine both flour and lard and mix until its well combine. (like a wet sand mixture)
2) Using a parchment paper roll out the dough 1 into 1/2 inch thick. Spread the dough 2 on the top using a spoon or offset spatula start pressing it. Then roll it into a log and chill it in the fridge for 20 minutes.
3) Cut the dough log into 1/4 inch thick.
4) Take a piece of plastic wrap and put the cut dough in the middle. Roll out the dough into 3-1/2 inch circle take a 1 tbsp of the filling put it in the middle gather all end and and twist or pinch to seal.
5) take 1 egg yolks dilute it in 1 tbsp water or milk and brush the Hopi with it before baking.
6) Bake the Hopi for 30 minutes and flip it and bake it back for another 10 to 15 minutes until both side is golden brown.
- ► 2018 (22)
- ▼ 2017 (42)