Monday, August 6, 2018
Pan De Yema/Pan De Pastel Recipe
Dough (im using my ensaymada recipe)
4 cups Bread Flour
1 tsp Dough conditioner (optional)
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Instant Yeast
1-1/3 cup Warm Milk (I used whole milk)
4 Egg Yolks
1/3 cup Sugar
4 tbsp Unsalted Butter Softened
Yema Filling Recipe
2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
1 can Condensed Milk
3 Eggs Yolks
2 Tsp Vanilla
1) Take 1 tbsp of sugar and sprinkle it to the warm milk then sprinkle in the yeast and whisk then set it aside until its foam up.
2) Once the yeast mixture is foam up and in 1/2 cup of flour and set it aside for 30 minutes.
3) Combine all drys ingredients such as, flour the remaining sugar and the salt.
4) In the bread machine bucket mixing bowl(if using) add in the milk and flour mixture, the flour, softened butter, and the egg yolks.
5) And let the machine knead the dough until smooth and elastic. if using hand knead it until smooth and elastic about 7-8 minutes.
6) Transfer the dough into a greased bowl and cover it. Let it rise for 1 hrs while the dough is rising cooked the yea filling.
7) In a nonstick pot add in the condensed milk and the egg yolk whisk until its well combine. Turn the heat on low heat stirring constantly until the mixture has thicken up about 12 minutes. Set it aside.
8) Divide the dough into desired size ( I weight mine 50g each)
9) Once the all the dough is divided. Using just your hand slightly flatten the dough and add in 1/2 tbsp yema filling in the middle and gather all the side and sealed by pinching it. Roll it a little bit in between of you palm just to get a nice circle shape.
10) Once all the dough has shape let is rise again for another 45-1 hr.
11) Bake it in the preheated oven 350F for 15-18 minutes.
enjoy and store the leftover in the air tight container. You can freeze it as well
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Mine didnt come out good. The dough taste bad. I don't know what's missing but I followed all the ingredients 🤨ReplyDelete
Hello,i tried your recipe yesterday and it was good my kids love it I even tried it with cheese thanks for sharing your recipe God bless...ReplyDelete
I made these today and they came out perfect! Thank you for this recipe.ReplyDelete
Is this similar to pastel de camiguinReplyDelete