Monday, April 29, 2019
Ube Ensaymada recipe
4 cups Bread flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1- 1/3 cup cup Warm milk
1 tbsp Instant yeast
4 Egg yolks
1/4 cup Granulated sugar
4 tbsp Melted unsalted butter
2 tbsp Shortening
Ube halaya (homemade or store bought)
1) Line your ensaymada mold with large cupcake liner or spray it with nonstick baking spray
2) Take 1 tbsp of sugar sprinkle into the warm milk add the yeast whisk and set it aside until it is foamy
3) Once the yeast get foamy add 1/2 cup of the flour and set it aside until it double in size
4) Combine flour, salt and the remaining sugar.
5) In the large bowl or bread machine bucket pour in the yeast and flour mixture, butter, shortening, the flour mixture lastly add the egg. Turn the bread machine on to knead the dough. If using your hand to knead the dough, knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic. Then transfer the dough into a large greased bowl and cover it for 2 hr. If you using a bread machine leave the dough in the bucket and let it rise for 1 or 2 hr depending on how warm you place is.
6) Once the dough has doubled in size take it out from the bowl or the bucket and cut it into pcs weighing 50 grams each.
7) Flaten each dough about 7-8 inches long and at least 4 inches wide add 1 tbsp of the ube halaya and roll it into a log and pinch the side to sealed. coil it and put it into a prepared baking mold and let it rise for the second time 45-1 hr. or until it has doubled in size.
8) Once your ensaymada has doubled in size bake it in the pre heated oven 350F for about 15 minutes or it look like the picture below
9) Let it cool down completely then remove it from the mold and add the toppings starting with the ube halaya then sprinkle your favorite cheese. Wrap each ensaymada using a Saran Wrap.