Monday, May 18, 2020
Pandan Cheese Pandesal Recipe
2 Cups All purpose flour
2 Cups Bread flour
1/2 Cup Granulated sugar
1/2 Tsp salt
1 Tbsp Instant/active Yeast
1 Cup Whole milk warm (100F)
1/2 Cup Evaporated milk
3 Egg yolks
1 Tbsp Pandan flavoring
1 Tbsp Lard
4 Tbsp Unsalted butter softened
Cheese of your choice, and cut into cubes
Bread crumbs for coating
1) Add 1 tbsp of sugar into the warm milk, then add the yeast, stir and set it aside until its foamy.
2) Combine all the dry ingredients. Both flours and the remaining of the sugar and the salt.
3) In the bread machine bucket add the yeast mixture. Follow the rest of the wet ingredients except for the egg. Then add the flour and lastly add the egg on the top. Let the machine knead the dough until it is smooth.
( This can be done by hand too if you don't have bread machine. Just use a large mixing bowl)
4) When the dough is done transfer it into a greased bowl, also coat the dough with oil and let it rise for about 1-2 hrs or until it has doubled in size.
5) Divide the dough into equal size. Flatten each dough and then add the cheese and seal it, lightly knead the dough in between of your palm to smoothen it out.
6) Arrange the dough in a baking tray lined with parchment paper, and let it rise again for another 1 hr.
7) Bake in a pre-heated oven 350F for about 18-20 minutes.