Sunday, November 13, 2016
bingkang bisaya steam version
2 cups washed uncooked rice
2 large eggs
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1-14 oz can coconut milk
1/4 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
1. Wash the rice with water twice
2. Pour the 1 can of coconut milk
3. Soak it for 2 hrs
4.While rice is soaking rinse the banana leaves and dry it with kitchen towel or paper towel and cut it into 7 inches wide put it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
5. Cut it into a circle shape to that it will fit into the baking mold. Line each mold with banana leaves
6. Puree the rice using a blender( i use nutribullet)
7. Pour half of the soaked rice into a blender and add the half of the sugar,1 egg puree it until the mixture become smooth
8. Do the rest of the soaked rice then add the remaining ingredients.baking powder, egg, sugar, and the salt
9. Pour 1/2 cup of the mixture into the mold.steam it for 15 minutes.
10.After 15 minutes switch the layers of the steamer if using 2 layers after switching steam for another 10 minutes.If you only using 1layer of steamer, just steam it for 20 minutes.