Monday, March 27, 2017
Pineapple Bread Recipe
For the Filling
2-20 oz can of crushed pineapple drained(save the juice)
500-grams Granulated sugar
1/2 stick butter
1/2 tsp salt
4-5 drops yellow food coloring
1 cup Glutimous rice flour (when make mine I only used 1/2 cup of the flour but I find it wasn't thick enough so thats why I added more)
1 cup of pineapple juice
1) In a large pot combine crushed pineapple,granulated sugar and salt.
2) Cook it over medium high heat stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes until the pineapple get translucent color.
3) Add in the butter stir in until butter melted. Then add the food coloring.
4) Combine the pineapple juice and the rice flour together stir in until no more lumps
5) Add that into the pineapple filling stirring constantly. Cook it for another 10 to 15 minutes until filling gets thicken.
6) Turn off the heat and let the filling cool down completely (you can also make this a day ahead and put it in the fridge and just take it out 1 hr before).
For The Dough:
500g Bread flour
100g Granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 warm water
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp yeast
1) Activate the yeast by adding 1 tbsp of granulated sugar into the warm water. Sprinkle in the yeast stir and set it aside to foam up.
2) Combine the flour sugar and salt.
3) In a bowl combine the yeast mixture and the oil the, add in the flour knead the dough until smooth and elastic for about 5-8 minutes if kneading by hand.
4) Transfer it to greased bowl and let the dough rise for about 1 hr. until it doubled in size.
5) Greased your work surface. And divide your dough by weighing it 50g each.
6) With your hand of rolling pin roll each divided dough into 1/2 in thick 4 inch long and 4 inch wide. Spread in 2 tbsp of the pineapple filling.
7) Fold in the dough and pinched Both side to sealed it.Using a kitchen scissor make a cut on the top.
8) Let this rest again to another 20 minutes. After 20 minutes brush the top with egg wash (1 egg diluted in 1tbsp water)
9) Bake this at pre heated oven for 25.let this cool down completely before serving it.
Tips:if you find your dough to wet to work with add in 1 tbsp at a time until you reach the right texture.