Sunday, April 30, 2017
Brazo De Mercedes Recipe
For the custard
12 egg yolks
1 can 14 oz condensed milk
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup chop roasted nut (I used walnuts.but you can leave it out if you don't like nuts or if your allergy to nuts)
For The Meringue
12 eggs whites
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1. Prepare the custard filling first. In a small saucepan combine egg yolks and condensed milk
2. Bring it to the stove cook it over medium low heat stirring constantly scrapping the bottom and side at the same time.
3. Cook the custard until its thicken. Remove it from the heat then, add the vanilla extract .
4. Pre heat the oven to 325 Fahrenheit line a baking sheet with parchment paper the spray it with baking spray
5. In a stand mixer or hand held mixer beat the egg whites and the cream of tartar until its frothy.
6. Then slowly add in the sugar. Continue mixing until you reach the stiff peaks stage.
7. Spread the meringue evenly into the prepared baking sheet.
8. With a fork you make some design if you want. Then bake it at pre heated oven for 25 minutes of until the top gets golden brown.
9. After baking the meringue Take another baking sheet line with parchment paper. And transfer it to another baking sheet(same size). By flipping it and then slowly spread the custard filling as even as possible and sprinkle the nuts, then roll it into a log.
10. Put it back in the oven for additional 10 minutes just until it get a little bit more golden brown.
- ► 2018 (22)
- ▼ April (5)