Monday, April 24, 2017
Ube Loaf Bread Recipe
2-1/2 cup all purpose flour or bread flour
3/4 cup warm milk plus 1 tbsp
2 egg yolks
2 tbsp melted butter
1/2 tsp dough conditioner
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp yeast
1-1/2 cup ube halaya
1. Activate the yeast by sprinkling 1 tbsp of granulated sugar into the warm milk.add in the yeast stir and set it aside until it gets foamy.
2. Combine the dry ingredients. By adding the granulated sugar into the flour, the dough conditioner and the salt.
3. Into the mixing bowl on your stand mixer add the flour mixture, the yeast, melted butter and the egg yolks. Turn the mixer at the low speed first and then increase it to medium mix the dough until smooth and elastic.
4.In another mixing bowl greased it with 1 tsp vegetable oil. Take the dough out and put it in the greased mixing bowl. Coat it with vegetable oil as well to prevent the dough from drying out.
5.Let the dough rise in a warm place for 1.5 to 2 hrs.or until it doubled in size.
6.After the dough has risen, Take it out and roll it into12x12.
7. Spread the ube filling leaving 1/4 of an inch at the side. Then roll the dough and brush the side with egg wash 1 egg yolks diluted in 1 tsp of water or milk. This will be the glue. (just like making a cinnamon bun).
8. With a dough cutter cut it into four equal size. Place it in the loaf pan line with parchment paper.
9. Let this rise again for another 45 to 1 hr. before baking brush it with egg wash on the top for a nice golden brown finished.
10. Bake it at a pre heated oven 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 to 40 minutes half way through cooking if the top part gets darken quicker tent it with aluminum foil, let this cool down in the cooling rack before slicing or serving.
- ► 2018 (18)
- ▼ April (5)