Monday, May 29, 2017
Filipino Squash Bread Recipe
This squash bread is very popular in the Philippines back then. And this is one of my favorite bread at my local bakery when I was a kid. Im so excited to share it and I hope you like it too..😊
For the dough.
3 1/2 cups Bread flour
1 tsp dough conditioner (optional)
1/2 tbsp yeast
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cup very warm whole milk
4 tbsp melted butter
2 large eggs
For the filling
1 cup bread flour
1/2 granulated sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
1) Sprinkle a 1 tbsp sugar into the warm milk then add in the yeast whisk in then, set it aside.
2) Combine all dry ingredients. Flour,granulated sugar,dough conditioner and the salt.
3) In a bowl pour in the milk mixture, and in the melted butter then the dry ingredients and lastly add in the eggs.
4) Knead the dough until smooth and elastic. Transfer the dough into another bowl greased it with vegetable oil and let it rise for 2 hr or until it has doubled in size.
5) While the dough is rising. Lets make the filling combine flour and sugar then, add in the butter and the vanilla extra if using mix it using a hand or a fork until the mixture become a wet sand.
6) After 2 hr deflate the dough to get rid of some air pockets. Then divide it into 50 oz each.
7) Its time to shape the dough. Roll out the the divided dough with a rolling pin to flatten it out then, take a 1 tbsp of the filling and put it in the middle take both ends and pinch it to sealed. Using a kitchen scissors make a 4 cut first then make another 4 cut in the middle a total of 8 cuts.
8) Cover it and let it rise again for 1 hr.
9) Pre heat you oven to 350 degrees F.
10) Before baking brush it with egg was. Take 1 egg and add in 1 tbsp of milk and then whisk it. Bake it of 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.