Sunday, June 11, 2017
Puto Cassava Recipe
There is a two way of how to put the filling/topping into this puto. For the molds I use tuna can and I make plenty holes using a nail and hammer.
2 lbs Grated cassava
3/4 cup Brown sugar
1-1/2 coconut filling/bukhayo
1) Prepare your Steam fill 1/2 way full of water
2) Squeeze out the cassava juice using a cheese cloth.
3) Break them apart. then add the brown sugar.
4) For the first one Fill in 1/4 full of the cassava mixture then add in filling and fill in the rest of the space until its almost full.
5)Steam it for 30 to 35 minutes until Translucent color, take it out from the steamer and let it rest to 10 minutes or until its cool to handle.
(So, for the other one)
6) Put the filling in first then fill in the rest of the space.
7) Steam it the same way and time you did for the first one.