Monday, October 2, 2017
Hopia Ube Recipe
Hello Followers! this recipe is requested by one of my followers and youtube viewer.
Her name is Norien Tagle. Norien thank you for your request and happy baking..😍😘
2-1/2 cups All purpose flour
1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
3/4 cup Lard (shortening is fine)
1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp Water
1/4 tsp Salt
Procedure for the dough 1
1) Combine sugar and salt then, add in the lard mix with using hand until lard and flour are well combine.
2) Add in the water and mix and form it into a ball and set it aside.
1-1/2 cup All purpose flour
1/2 cup Lard or shortening
Combine this two ingredients and mix until crumbly like a wet sand.
Now you have 2 dough
1) Roll out the dough 1 into 1/4 inch thick then sprinkle the dough 2, using a spatula or a spoon start pressing it into the dough 1. Then roll it into a log and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
2) After 20 minutes take the Hopia dough crosswise and cut it into 1/2 inch thick each (you should be able to get between 25 to 28 for this recipe)
3)Flatten the each dough into 3 1/2 inch circle and put 1tbsp of ube filling and sealed the side by pitching it together. You can use store bought for the ube halaya or you can make your own I have a recipe for ube halaya. http://www.sugarampsprinkle.com/2017/04/use-halaya-recipe.html
4) You can just leave like that. But if you want to have your hopia the same shape you can use cookie cutter. Once you sealed it take a cookie cutter and put it in the middle and slightly flatten it. then pushed it out.
5 Bake it at 350 oven for 30 minutes. But before baking brush it with egg wash 2 egg yolks diluted in 2 tbsp water. And if you want your Hopi to have nice golden brown top. after 20 minutes baking flip the hopia over then you will get the nice golden brown color.
Just some tips:
if your Hopia dough is sticking to your work surface then take a piece of plastic wrap and put your cut Hopia dough then roll it. add the filling and sealed it by twisting it. then just peel the plastic off.
- ► 2018 (23)
- ▼ 2017 (42)