The puto batter can make 15 puto. and you gonna have more left over on the filling
feel free to double the batter recipe if you want.
1 lb Pork meat cut into strips
1 Medium size onion chopped
2 Cloves garlic minced
1/2 Cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
1/4 Cup sugar
1 Cup water (if not using pressure cooker)
2 tbsp of cornstarch diluted in water about 3 tbsp water
2 Tbsp cooking oil
1) In a pot over medium high heat add in 2 tbsp of cooking oil once the oil gets hot add in the garlic until slightly golden brown then follow the onion saute until onion gets softened. Combine the meat, soy sauce and the sugar. Then add it to the garlic and onion mixture. Add the water and cooked it until meat is softened. Stirring occasionally (for my filling I used my Insta pot so I didn't add the water and cook it for 15 minutes).
2) Once the meat is cooked add in the hoisin sauce and the cornstarch. Make sure your stirring while adding the cornstarch and water mixture. Turn the heat off and let it cool down.
For the Puto
1 Cup cake flour
3/4 Cup rice flour
1/2 Cup granulated sugar
1/2 Tsp salt
2 Tsp Baking powder
3 Tbsp melted
1 Cup Fresh Milk
Slice salted eggs for the toppings ( I use hard boil because I don't have salted egg at the moment)
1) Fill up 3/4 full of the steamer and bring it to a boil over medium high heat.
2) Combine all dry ingredients. Both flour, baking powder, sugar, salt.
3) To the dry ingredients add in the milk, egg, and melted butter. Using a wire whisk whisk until its just combine.
4) Brush the puto molds with melted butter and fill in a tbsp of a mixture then add in a tbsp of the meat mixture and then cover it with another tbsp of the puto batter then top it with slice salted eggs
5) Steam it for 15-18 minutes.