Friday, January 26, 2018
Braided Nuttela Bread Recipe
Hello Readers and Youtube subscriber! this bread maybe very familiar to you. I been wanting to try this bread and I finally did. I think it doesn't look that bad as for the first time. For the dough of this bread im using my classic ensaymada recipe. I added also a coarsely crushedFerrero Rocher chocolate but it is optional.
4 cups Bread Flour
1 tsp Dough conditioner (optional)
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Instant Yeast
1-1/3 cup Warm Milk (I used whole milk)
4 Egg Yolks
1/3 cup Sugar
4 tbsp Unsalted Butter Softened
For the filling
1-13 oz jar Nutella
12 pcs Ferrero rocher coarsely crushed (optional)
For the egg wash
1 egg yolk diluted in 1 tbsp of water or milk
1)Activate the yeast by adding 1 tbsp of sugar into the warm milk. Then add in the yeast whisk in and set it aside until it is foamy.
2)Once the yeast mixture gets foamy, add in 1/2 of bread flour whisk in and set it aside for about 30 minutes.(the mixture should be double in size)
3) Combine the rest of the dry ingredients. flour, salt and sugar.
4)Kneading the dough: if using a stand mixer, bread machine of just hand. in a bowl pour in the yeast, milk and flour mixture, the melted butter, flour mixture and the egg yolks. Knead the dough until it smooth and elastic.
5)Transfer the dough into a well greased bowl and cover it with damp cloth and let it rise for 1 hr or until it doubled in size.( if your place is cold like mine, pour a hot water into a bowl and put the greased bowl with the dough in the top of it.)
6) Divide the dough into 4 equal size and shape it into a ball so that it will be easier to roll into a circle.
7)roll out the first part of the dough into circle you can use a big plate as a guide(I used 12 inch plate) spread some nuttela on the first part of the dough and sprinkle the crushed Ferrero. Roll out the 2nd part and put it on the top of the first one. Spread another nuttela on the top of the 2nd part of the dough and sprinkle a crushed Ferrero. do the same to the 3rd part. Add the 4th part and leave it plain.(this is gonna be the cover)
8) Use the plate as your guide to achieve the nice circle shape and cut around the excess dough. Put 4 inch wide bottom glass or cup in the middle. Make 4 cuts first 3 o'clock,6 o'clock 9 o'clock and 12 o'clock.then cut cut those 4 cuts in half again=8 then cut another half to make 16 cuts around the circle.
9) Grab 2 pcs and twist in an opposite direction. Brush it with the egg wash and let it rest for 30-45 minutes until its almost double in size.
10) bake at 350 F oven for about 20-25 minutes. let cool down completely. Store in the air tight container if there is a left over.
- ▼ 2018 (19)
- ► 2017 (42)