Sunday, February 25, 2018
10-12 pcs Banana (saba or plantain)
1 cup All purpose flour
1/2 cup Milk/Water
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 cup Granulated sugar
1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
3-4 cup of Vegetable oil for frying
Sugar for coating
1) Peel the banana. Then slice into 4 leaving 1 inch at the edge (like a fan shape see the picture below)
2 Add in 3 cups oil into a large pot and let this heat up over medium high heat.
3) In a bowl combine flour, sugar and baking powder give it a whisk. Then add in the egg, oil and the milk whisk it until its well combine.
4) Dip the banana into the batter and fry it until it gets golden brown for about 5-6 minutes.
5) Remove from the oil and put the cooked banana into a plate lined with paper towel or you can use a strainer tray/basket.
6) Roll the marina into a sugar or you can just sprinkle a little bit of sugar.