For the dough
4 cups Bread flour
1/3 cups Granulated sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
1-1/2 cup Whole Milk warm
1 Tbsp Instanst Yeast
4 Eggs yolks or 2 whole eggs
4 Tbsp Melted butter
The Ube Filling
2 Cups Ube Halaya
2 cups Crushed Graham Crackers
1 Cup Brown Sugar (I used Muscovado Sugar)
1 Tbsp Ube Flavoring
1 Tsp Violet Food color
Procedure for the Dough
1) Sprinkle 1 tbsp sugar into the warm milk. Add in the yeast and whisk in and set it aside.
2) Combine the flour, sugar, and the salt.
3) Add in 1/2 cup of flour into the milk and yeast mixture. and let the rise until double in size about 30 minutes.
4) Into the bread machine bucket or stand mixer add in the flour and yeast mixture, melted butter, flour and the egg yolks let the machine knead the dough.(if kneading by hand just combine all this together and knead it until its smooth and elastic ).
5) Once the machine finish kneading the dough transfer the dough into a large greased bowl and cover the dough and let it rise for 1 hr or until it doubled in size.
Procedure fo the filling
1) Combine the crushed graham crackers, brown sugar and the ube halaya mix it then add in the ube flavoring and the food color. Mix it again until it is well combine.
Shaping the bread
1) Roll out the dough using a rolling pin then add in the filling about 1 tbsp of the filling and roll the dough like a sausage. See the picture below.
2) Once you reach the end pinched it to sealed. And roll it into the coating.
3) Do this to all divided dough and let this rise again for another 30-45 minutes.
after 45 minutes. This is now ready to bake
4)Bake this at a Preheated over 350 for about 15-18 minutes or until the top get slightly golden brown. Store the left over in the air tight container.
Post a Comment