Monday, July 2, 2018
3 Egg yolks
3 tbsp Granulated sugar
2 tbsp Melted butter
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/3 cup Cake flour
2 tbsp Powdered sugar for dusting
3 Egg whites
1/4 cup Granulated sugar
Margarine(I used Star margarine)
1) Preheat the oven to 350F and line 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper
2) Beat the sugar and butter until creamy, add the egg yolks continue to beat until its pale yellow. Add the vanilla. Sift in the flour into the mixture and beat until its just combine.
2) Beat the egg whites until it is frothy. Gradually add in the sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks stage.
3) Using a spatula fold in the meringue into the batter in 3 addition.
4) Pour the batter into the 9x13 baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake this for about 15 minutes.
After baking let it cool down for a few minutes 5-8
5) Take another same size parchment paper and sprinkle it with 2 tbsp powdered sugar and flip the sponge (upside down)in to the other parchment paper . Spread a generous amount of margarine into the sponge then sprinkle sugar about 2 tbsp.
6) Roll the sponge into a log wrap it with the parchment paper and let it cool down completely.
7) Sprinkle another 1 tbsp of granulated sugar into the log. Slice the pianono into 2 inches thickness.
- ▼ 2018 (19)
- ► 2017 (42)