Monday, August 20, 2018
Brazo De Mercedes Recipe
12 pc Egg Yolks (I use large eggs)
1 Can Condensed Milk
1 tsp Vanilla (optional)
12 Egg Whites
1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 tsp Cream of tartar
1-1/2 Tbsp Ube Flavoring
1) Separate the egg yolks from white. In a nonstick pot add in the egg yolks and the condensed milk cook it over medium low heat for 10 minutes stirring and scrapping the bottom at the same time. your picture should be like soft paste texture turn the heat off and set it aside.
2) Pre heat the oven to 350F. line a baking pang with parchment paper and spray it with cooking spray.
3) In a stand mixer beat the egg whites in a medium high speed for 3 minutes then, add in the cream of tartar and increase the speed to high speed until it gets frothy. Then gradually add in the sugar continue beating until you reach the stiff peaks stage.
4) Transfer the meringue to the prepared baking pan (spread) if you want you can make some design using a fork make some long line. Bake this for 18 minutes.
5) After baking let it cool down for a few minutes (5) then transfer it to the other baking pan also lined with parchment paper and sprinkle 1 tbsp powdered sugar. (upside down)
6) Spread the filling evenly and roll it into a log. Bring it back to the oven and bake it again for another 10 minutes and let it cool down for a few minutes or until cool enough to handle slice it into your desired thickness.
- ▼ 2018 (23)
- ► 2017 (42)