Saturday, October 13, 2018
Puto Kutsinta Recipe
1-1/4 cup Longrain white rice
1 cup Milk (fresh or evaporated )
3/4 cup Granulated sugar
1 Large egg
1 tsp Instant yeast
1/2 cup Glutinous rice
1/2 cup Regular rice
1 cup Dark/light Brown sugar
1 cup + 2 tbsp water
1- 1/2 tsp Lye water
2 tsp Annatto powder (you can use orange food color )
1) Start the with puto first, wash the rice 3x then soak it in water for 45 minutes.
2) Combine both rice and wash it 3x then soak it for 45 minutes.( for kutsinta)
3) Drain the water of the rice for puto and replace it with the 3/4 cup milk. Put it in the blender until its smooth. Add the sugar whisking each addition, instant yeast and the egg. let the rise for about 30-45 minutes or until the mixture has doubled in size / it has bubble on the top.
4) Drain the water of the rice for kutsinta and replace it with the 1cup and 2 tbsp water. Put it in the blender until smooth. Add the granulated sugar, lye water, and annatto.
5) Brush you Mold with butter and add 1/2 way of the mold with kutsinta mixture. steam it for 20 minutes.
6) After 20 minutes of steaming the kutsinta mixture add in the puto mixture and steam it for another 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted come out clean. Serve it with Freshly Grated coconut or just plain.
Make sure there is no water in the kutsinta before adding the puto mixture. it will prevent these 2 sticking together.
Make sure the mold is not touching to the side of the steamer. so that it won't catch the water while steaming.
- ▼ 2018 (22)
- ► 2017 (42)