Monday, October 8, 2018
Ube Rice Puto in Banana leaves Recipe
4 Cups Longrain White rice
2 -14 oz can Coconut Cream
1-1/4 Cups Granulated Sugar
1 Tbsp Yeast
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Ube flavoring
1/2 Tsp Purple food color
Blender to grind the rice
Banana leaves to Line the molds
and steamer to cook the puto.
1) Wash the rise 3 times. Add water at least 2 inch higher from the rice. And soak the rice in water for 1 hr.
2) After 1 hr pour/ drain the water and replace it with the 2 cans of coconut cream.
3) Using a Blender puree the rice into very smooth consistency.
4) Once all the rice is pureed add in the sugar, salt , yeast and whisk until the yeast is dissolved. then add the rest except for the egg. Cover the mixture and let it rise for 45 minutes to 1 hour. or until the mixture has doubled in size.
5) While you waiting for the mixture to rise prepare the mold. Cut the banana leaves according to the size of your mold. I used my ensaymada molds for mine but any circle molds will do.
6) Once your mixture has risen add in the egg and carefully wisk in make sure you don't over whisk the mixture.
7) Pour mixture into the prepared baking molds 3/4 full and steam it for 25-30 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out almost clean.
make sure your steamer is fully boiling before steaming to have a nice crack on the top.
store it in air tight container and put it in the freezer to keep it fresh.
you can also top the with star margarine.
- ▼ 2018 (22)
- ► 2017 (42)