Ube Rice Puto Recipe
2 Cups Long grain white rice
2 cups Water(to soak the rice)
1 cup Whole milk
1 cup Granulated sugar
3 tsp Baking Powder
4 tbsp Melted butter
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Ube flavoring
1 Egg Slightly Beaten
slices of cheese (your choice)
1) Wash the rice 3x add in the 2 cups of water. Soak the rice for 1 hr.
2) After 1hour drain the water and replace it with 1 cup of milk.
3) Prepare the steamer. Fill in halfway of the steamer with water and bring it to the stove it it boil over medium low heat.
4) Puree the rice using a Kitchen blender (I use Nutri bullet) until it is smooth. Pour it into the large bowl. Add the reamining of the ingredients whisking each addition . melted butter, granulated sugar, salt, egg, ube flavoring and the baking powder.
5) Brush your mold with melted butter. Fill in the mold with 3/4 full of the mixture and steam it for 15 minutes add the cheese and cook it for another 3 more minutes.
6) Remove the puto from the mold and arrange it into a serving dish
Post a Comment