Sunday, February 10, 2019
Ube Macapuno Cake Recipe
Sponge Cake Ingredients
7 Egg yolks
3/4 cup Granulated sugar
1/3 cup Vegetable oil
1/3 cup Evaporated milk
2 tbsp Water
1/4 cup Ube halaya
1 tbsp Ube flavoring
1/4 tsp of purple food color
2 cups Cake flour
1-1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
7 Egg whites
1/2 cup Granulated sugar
1/2 tsp Cream of tartar (optional)
Toppings and filling
1 small jar of macapuno
one recipe of the Swiss meringue buttercream
1 tbsp Ube flavoring
1/4 tsp Purple food color
8" cake circle board (optional)
2 disposable piping bag
1M wilton piping tip
1) Line 2 8x2 cake pan with parchment paper and pre heat the oven to 350 F
2) Combine the egg yolks and the granulated sugar beat until its pale yellow color. Add in the ube halaya and beat it again until the ube is well combine to the egg yolks mixture.
3) Combine the liquid ingredients the oil, milk, ube flavoring, water and the food color give it a whisk then add it to the egg yolks mixture.
4) Combine the dry ingredients flour, baking powder and the salt and sift it to the wet mixture and beat until its just combine.
5) Beat the egg whites until it is frothy once it is frothy gradually add the sugar and continue to beat until you get the stiff peaks stage.
6) Combine the batter and the meringue in 3 addition and using a spatula do the cut and fold method.
7) Divide the batter into 2 as equal as possible into the prepared cake pan and bake it for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick insert comes out clean.
8) After baking let it cool down in a cooling rack. Turn the cake pan upside down do not remove the cake pan when cooling it.
*ASSEMBLE THE CAKE*
9) Remove the cake from the cake pan and peel of the parchment paper. Level the cake using a serrated knife use the 8"of cake board or if you don't have one just use a plate.
10) Using a decorating bag filled the bag with icing and cut the tip and pipe a line of icing just inside the outer edge of the layer And add half of the macapuno filling. add another 1/2 cup of the icing in top of the macapuno and spread/flatten using a spatula now add the other cake upside down.
11) Ice the whole entire cake with icing start from the top down to the side. Once the entire cake is covered with the icing. Fill another piping bag with icing and use 1M piping tip to make rosette or a swirl and in the bottom pipe a shell around the side. and add the cherry on the top of the swirl/ rosette let is set the the fridge for few hours before serving what I did is I took 1/2 of the white icing before I add the ube flavoring and the food color but that is optional.