Monday, March 4, 2019
Yema Ensaymada Recipe
3 Egg yolks
1 can condensed milk
2 tbsp Unsalted butter
2 tsp Vanilla extract
Ensaymada Dough recipe:
4 cups Bread flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1- 1/3 cup cup Warm milk
1 tbsp Instant yeast
4 Egg yolks
1/4 cup Granulated sugar
4 tbsp Melted unsalted butter
2 tbsp Shortening
1) Line your ensaymada mold with large cupcake liner and spray it with nonstick baking spray
2) Take 1 tbsp of sugar sprinkle into the warm milk add the yeast whisk and set it aside until it is foamy
3) Once the yeast get foamy add 1/2 cup of the flour and set it aside until it double in size
4) Combine flour, salt and the remaining sugar.
5) In the large bowl or bread machine bucket pour in the yeast and flour mixture, butter, shortening, the flour mixture lastly add the egg. Turn the bread machine on to knead the dough. If using your hand to knead the dough, knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic. Then transfer the dough into a large greased bowl and cover it for 2 hr. If you using a bread machine leave the dough in the bucket and let it rise for 2 hr.
*Make the yema filling while waiting the dough to rise*
6) In a nonstick pot combine condensed milk, egg yolks and the butter cook it over medium high heat stirring constantly until the mixture has thicken up spreadable like consistency. About 6-8 minutes turn the heat off and add the vanilla extract
7) Divide the dough weighing 50g each
8) Flatten each dough 1/4 inch thick and about 8 inch long then add the filling about 1 tsp the roll into a long and pinch the side to sealed.
9) Coil the dough and put it into the mold let this rise again for 45-1 hr or until it has doubled in size
10) Bake at preheated oven 350 for 12-15 minutes of until the top is lightly golden brown
11) Let it cool down completely. Once it is cooled completely take another 1 tsp of yema filling and spread it on the top of baked essaymada and top it with your favorite cheese. Store it in the air tight container or wrap it individually using a plastic wrap.