Sunday, April 26, 2020
Ube Hopia (No Bake)
I used my homemade ube halaya for the filling. Here is the link http://www.sugarampsprinkle.com/search?q=ube+halaya
2-1/2 cups All purpose flour
1/4 cup Granulated sugar
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup Lard
1/2 cup plus 1Tbsp water
1) In a bowl, combine the sugar and salt.
2) Add in the lard in 2 additions mix using hand.
3) Add the water in 2 additions mix and form it into a ball and set it aside.
1-1/2 cup All purpose
1/2 cup Lard
4) Mix this 2 together until it is well combined.
*Put the dough together*
5) Flatten the 1st dough into 1/4 inch thickness or 21"long 15" wide.
6) Add/ sprinkle the dough 2 in the top of the first dough, roll it into a log and put it in the fridge for 20 minutes to set the dough.
7) Cut the dough into 2" inch thick.
8) Flatten the dough, add in the ube and seal by pinching each side. Using the 2 inch cooking cutter put the Hopia in the middle and press down this way your hopia is shape the same.
9) In a nonstick pan over medium low heat cook the Hopi 8-10 each side.