Monday, February 19, 2018
for the dough
2 cups Glutinous rice flour
1/2 Sweetened coconut or desiccated coconut
1 cup Water
For the sugar coating
1 cup Brown sugar dark or light
1/2 cup Water
3 cups og vegetable or canola oil for frying
Bamboo skewers (optional)
1) In a large bowl combine the flour and the coconut. Add in the water in 3 addition mix well until it form like a dough. (if your dough is too dry add 1 tsp of water at a time. If its too wet add water 1 tsp at a time until you reach the right consistency of the dough. But I find the wetter the dough the better.)
2) Lined a baking pan with parchment paper or foil sprinkle it with cornstarch if using foil to prevent the dough from sticking.
3) Add 3 cups of oil into the frying pan let this heat up over medium high heat.
4) Now shape the dough into a bowl I use small ice cream scooper to get the same sizes. Once you shape the dough into a ball put it into the baking pan that you line with foil or parchment paper.
5) Fry each ball until its start getting golden brown about 6-8 minutes stirring constantly . ( to prevent from the dough bursting or popping make a whole by inserting a bamboo skewers or a toothpick. Also if your dough is a little bit wetter it burst less.)
Prepare the syrup:
1) In a pot combine the water and the brown sugar bring it to a boil over medium high heat for about 6-8 minutes or until the mixture has bubbled up.
3)You can just serve like this or you can put them in a bamboo skewers.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
so yummy, I even added slightly sweetened macapuno indide the balls or anything inside the balls depending on preference. Thank you so much.ReplyDelete
yummy thanks surely we will make kariola again and again.ReplyDelete
We can add cheese inside the carioca?ReplyDelete
how did you use the food processor for the The coconut? what type of coconuts did you use, does it matter? how did you sweeten the coconut after you shredded it? I ask because I would like it to be as fresh as how you made it
by the way, I like how you explained everything your video is well doneDelete