Sunday, February 25, 2018
10-12 pcs Banana (saba or plantain)
1 cup All purpose flour
1/2 cup Milk/Water
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 cup Granulated sugar
1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
3-4 cup of Vegetable oil for frying
Sugar for coating
1) Peel the banana. Then slice into 4 leaving 1 inch at the edge (like a fan shape see the picture below)
2 Add in 3 cups oil into a large pot and let this heat up over medium high heat.
3) In a bowl combine flour, sugar and baking powder give it a whisk. Then add in the egg, oil and the milk whisk it until its well combine.
4) Dip the banana into the batter and fry it until it gets golden brown for about 5-6 minutes.
5) Remove from the oil and put the cooked banana into a plate lined with paper towel or you can use a strainer tray/basket.
6) Roll the marina into a sugar or you can just sprinkle a little bit of sugar.
Monday, February 19, 2018
for the dough
2 cups Glutinous rice flour
1/2 Sweetened coconut or desiccated coconut
1 cup Water
For the sugar coating
1 cup Brown sugar dark or light
1/2 cup Water
3 cups og vegetable or canola oil for frying
Bamboo skewers (optional)
1) In a large bowl combine the flour and the coconut. Add in the water in 3 addition mix well until it form like a dough. (if your dough is too dry add 1 tsp of water at a time. If its too wet add water 1 tsp at a time until you reach the right consistency of the dough. But I find the wetter the dough the better.)
2) Lined a baking pan with parchment paper or foil sprinkle it with cornstarch if using foil to prevent the dough from sticking.
3) Add 3 cups of oil into the frying pan let this heat up over medium high heat.
4) Now shape the dough into a bowl I use small ice cream scooper to get the same sizes. Once you shape the dough into a ball put it into the baking pan that you line with foil or parchment paper.
5) Fry each ball until its start getting golden brown about 6-8 minutes stirring constantly . ( to prevent from the dough bursting or popping make a whole by inserting a bamboo skewers or a toothpick. Also if your dough is a little bit wetter it burst less.)
Prepare the syrup:
1) In a pot combine the water and the brown sugar bring it to a boil over medium high heat for about 6-8 minutes or until the mixture has bubbled up.
3)You can just serve like this or you can put them in a bamboo skewers.
Tuesday, February 6, 2018
250g Cake Flour
100g Granulated Sugar
3 Egg Yolks
1/2 Tbsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter Softened
1/4 Cup Ube Halaya
1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
150 ML Condensed Milk
3/4 Cup Evaporated Milk ( I used warm milk when I make this due to the very cold weather temp.)
1 Tbsp Ube Flavoring
2 Drops of Violet Food Color (I use gel)
Grated cheese for topping (I used Eden cheese)
For The Meringue
3 Egg Whites
100g Granulated Sugar
1/4 Tsp Cream of Tartar
1) Lined 24 muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2)Beat the butter until smooth, add the ube and mix until it is well combine. Add the egg yolks and mix again until this 3 are well combine.
3) Add the condensed milk and whisk that in. Add the evaporated milk and the oil. Once all the liquid ingredients are all in add the ube flavoring and the food color.
4) Combine all the dry ingredients and sift in to the wet ingredients whisk in until its just combine.(do not over mix).
5) Now Its time to Preheat your oven to 350F
6) Combine the Cream of tartar and the egg whites and beat until it is frothy. Then gradually add in the sugar. and continue beating until you get the stiff peaks stage.
7) Combine the meringue into the batter in 3 addition using a spatula mix it using cut and fold method.
9) Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan filling 3/4 full. Add the cheese toppings and bake it for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- ▼ 2018 (22)
- ► 2017 (42)