Saturday, March 31, 2018
1 Can 400ml Coconut Milk
1 Can 400ml Coconut Cream
1/2 Cup + 2tbsp Cornstarch
1 Can 14 oz condensed milk
1/2 Cup Granulated sugar
1/2 Fresh Milk
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Can 14.75 oz Cream-style corn
1/4 cup Latik for toppings (optional)
1) Line 9x13 baking pan with banana leaf brush it with coconut oil or vegetable oil.(if you don't have banana leaf just brush your baking pan or any container that you gonna use )
2) In a large pot add in the coconut milk and cream, granulated sugar, salt, Condensed milk and the corn. cook it over medium high heat stirring occasionally until the mixture is boiling.
3) While waiting for the mixture to boil, combine the cornstarch and the milk together.
4) Once the mixture is boiling add in the milk and cornstarch mixture Stirring constantly until its thicken up. Cook for 5-7 more minutes turn off the heat and pour it into the prepared container.
5) let it cool down completely and put it in the fridge for 2 hr take it out from the fridge and sprinkle the latik slice it if you like and serve.
Monday, March 19, 2018
1 cup Cake Flour
1tsp Baking Powder
4 Egg Yolks
1/3 cup Milk
1/3 cup Vegetable oil
4 tbsp Melted butter
1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
4 Egg Whites
1/4 Tsp Cream of Tartar
1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
1) Grease the mold I used Brioche mold/ensaymada molds I mixed 1tbsp flour,1tbsp oil & 1 tbsp vegetable shortening. whisk it until this 3 ingredients are well combine and grease the mold with this mixture.
2) Pre heat the oven 350F
3) Beat the egg yolks and the sugar until its pale yellow. add in the milk and oil using a wire whisk just whisk it in then add in the melted butter. sift in the flour and baking powder and mix until its just combine do not over mix the butter.
4)Combine the egg whites and the cream of tartar. Using a hand mixer beat the egg whites until its frothy. Then gradually add in the sugar and beat it until you get the stiff peaks stage.
5) Add in the meringue into the batter in 3 addition using a spatula just do the cut and fold method.
6) Divide the batter into 2 equal portion. Sift in the cocoa powder into the other Half.
7) Scoop the batter into the prepared mold using a small size ice cream scooper. Alternating white batter then the chocolate batter I add in 2 scoop of each in 1 baking molds. Then using a small angled spatula or drag the batter into the middle. To get the marbled effect.
8) Bake it for 15-18 minutes of until toothpick inserted comes out clean. let it rest for 10 minutes before removing it from the molds.
Tuesday, March 13, 2018
This recipe is requested by one of my youtube viewers. The original recipe is only called for Tang pineapple but I did not follow all the recipe. I made some changes on it. When i use to lived in the Philippines, I always saw this in my local bakeshop but never liked the taste on it. No wonder it doesn't taste good because there is no real pineapple on it. It just has water, tang pineapple, and cornstarch. This one taste way better.
*For The Dough/skin*
5-1/2 cups Flour
1/3 cups Granulated sugar
1 tsp Yeast
1/2 tsp Salt
2 cups Warm Milk ( I used whole milk)
*For The Pineapple Filling*
400 Ml Water
1- 20 oz can crushed Pineapple
450 grams Granulated sugar
4 tbsp stick butter
150 ml condensed milk
16 oz cornstarch
500 ml water
1 tsp Yellow food color
1) Take 1 tbsp of sugar and sprinkle it to the warm milk, then add in the yeast whisk, and set it aside until its foamy.
2) Combine flour, sugar and salt.
3) Combine the milk and the flour mixture, and add in the egg. Mix the dough until smooth and elastic ( I had my bread machine knead my dough, so while my bread machine is mixing my dough I prepared my filling). But if you don't have bread machine just finish knead you dough then, cook the filling).
4) In a large wok, combine 400 ml water, pineapple, sugar, condensed milk, butter and food coloring. Stir and bring it to a boil over medium high heat.
5) While waiting for the mixture to boil, combine 500ml water, and cornstarch whisk it with wire whisk.
6) Once the pineapple mixture is boiling add in the cornstarch mixture and stirring constantly until the mixture it thicken like a paste. Then turn off the heat and continue to stir for additional 5 minutes.
7) Sprinkle some flour into your work surface. Roll the dough into 22 inches long and 16.5 inches wide. Sprinkle a flour on your baking panned cover the pan with the roll out dough (my pie was a little bit thick if you want your to be thin you can use bigger baking pan).
8) Add in the filling to the prepared baking pan level it, and cover the top with the dough. Cut the edges and pinch all sides. Take 1tbsp of milk and add 1 drop of food color with until this two is well combine. Brush the top of the pie with it. Take a fork and poke some holes on the top of the pie.
9) Bake this in a preheated oven 350F for 30-35 minutes. After baking let it cool down for 30 minutes before cutting it into a triangle shape.
- ▼ 2018 (22)
- ► 2017 (42)