Friday, July 27, 2018
2 cups Heavy cream (very cold)
1/4 cup Granulated sugar (or less if you want it too sweet)
2 tbsp Ube flavoring
2 tbsp Ube jam/halaya
1 14oz Condensed milk
1) Beat the heavy cream in high speed until stiff peaks
2) In a separate bowl combine the condensed milk,ube jam/halaya, ube flavoring and the sugar. Mix using a Wire whisk.
3)Fold in the heavy whipped cream in a 3 addition. Once its well combine pour the mixture into an ice cream container or any freezer safe container and freeze it at least over night before serving.
Monday, July 16, 2018
1/3 cup cake Flour
3 Egg Yolks
3 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
3 Tbsp Melted Butter
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Ube Flavoring
2 Tbsp Ube halaya
3 Egg Whites
1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
1 Tbsp Ube Flavoring
Margarine (I used Star margarine)
2 Tbsp Powdered Sugar for Dusting
1) Lined the 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper and pre heat the oven 350F.
2) In a bowl beat the egg yolks and the sugar until pale yellow color. Add the ube halaya continue to beat until its smooth. Then add in the melted butter, vanilla and the ube flavoring. Lastly add in the cake flour and mix until its combine.
3) In another bowl beat the egg whites until frothy. Once its frothy gradually add in the sugar and continue to beat until you get the stiff peaks stage. Then lastly fold in the ube flavoring.
4) Add in the egg whites into the batter in 3 addition and using a spatula carefully fold in.
5) Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan using an offset spatula level the batter so that will cook evenly.
6) Bake this for 15 minutes. Once its done baking take it out from the oven and let it cool down for 10 minutes. while its cooling down take another same size parchment paper and sprinkle the 2 tbsp powdered sugar. Once the cake is cool enough to handle transfer it into the other prepared parchment paper.
7) Spread the margarine (upside Down) sprinkle the granulated sugar then roll it into a log. and let it cool down completely.
8) Once it is cool down completely brush off the excess powdered sugar then spread the margarine all over it and roll or sprinkle some more granulated sugar. Slice into the disired thickness.
Monday, July 2, 2018
3 Egg yolks
3 tbsp Granulated sugar
2 tbsp Melted butter
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/3 cup Cake flour
2 tbsp Powdered sugar for dusting
3 Egg whites
1/4 cup Granulated sugar
Margarine(I used Star margarine)
1) Preheat the oven to 350F and line 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper
2) Beat the sugar and butter until creamy, add the egg yolks continue to beat until its pale yellow. Add the vanilla. Sift in the flour into the mixture and beat until its just combine.
2) Beat the egg whites until it is frothy. Gradually add in the sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks stage.
3) Using a spatula fold in the meringue into the batter in 3 addition.
4) Pour the batter into the 9x13 baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake this for about 15 minutes.
After baking let it cool down for a few minutes 5-8
5) Take another same size parchment paper and sprinkle it with 2 tbsp powdered sugar and flip the sponge (upside down)in to the other parchment paper . Spread a generous amount of margarine into the sponge then sprinkle sugar about 2 tbsp.
6) Roll the sponge into a log wrap it with the parchment paper and let it cool down completely.
7) Sprinkle another 1 tbsp of granulated sugar into the log. Slice the pianono into 2 inches thickness.