Saturday, October 13, 2018
1-1/4 cup Longrain white rice
1 cup Milk (fresh or evaporated )
3/4 cup Granulated sugar
1 Large egg
1 tsp Instant yeast
1/2 cup Glutinous rice
1/2 cup Regular rice
1 cup Dark/light Brown sugar
1 cup + 2 tbsp water
1- 1/2 tsp Lye water
2 tsp Annatto powder (you can use orange food color )
1) Start the with puto first, wash the rice 3x then soak it in water for 45 minutes.
2) Combine both rice and wash it 3x then soak it for 45 minutes.( for kutsinta)
3) Drain the water of the rice for puto and replace it with the 3/4 cup milk. Put it in the blender until its smooth. Add the sugar whisking each addition, instant yeast and the egg. let the rise for about 30-45 minutes or until the mixture has doubled in size / it has bubble on the top.
4) Drain the water of the rice for kutsinta and replace it with the 1cup and 2 tbsp water. Put it in the blender until smooth. Add the granulated sugar, lye water, and annatto.
5) Brush you Mold with butter and add 1/2 way of the mold with kutsinta mixture. steam it for 20 minutes.
6) After 20 minutes of steaming the kutsinta mixture add in the puto mixture and steam it for another 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted come out clean. Serve it with Freshly Grated coconut or just plain.
Make sure there is no water in the kutsinta before adding the puto mixture. it will prevent these 2 sticking together.
Make sure the mold is not touching to the side of the steamer. so that it won't catch the water while steaming.
Monday, October 8, 2018
4 Cups Longrain White rice
2 -14 oz can Coconut Cream
1-1/4 Cups Granulated Sugar
1 Tbsp Yeast
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Ube flavoring
1/2 Tsp Purple food color
Blender to grind the rice
Banana leaves to Line the molds
and steamer to cook the puto.
1) Wash the rise 3 times. Add water at least 2 inch higher from the rice. And soak the rice in water for 1 hr.
2) After 1 hr pour/ drain the water and replace it with the 2 cans of coconut cream.
3) Using a Blender puree the rice into very smooth consistency.
4) Once all the rice is pureed add in the sugar, salt , yeast and whisk until the yeast is dissolved. then add the rest except for the egg. Cover the mixture and let it rise for 45 minutes to 1 hour. or until the mixture has doubled in size.
5) While you waiting for the mixture to rise prepare the mold. Cut the banana leaves according to the size of your mold. I used my ensaymada molds for mine but any circle molds will do.
6) Once your mixture has risen add in the egg and carefully wisk in make sure you don't over whisk the mixture.
7) Pour mixture into the prepared baking molds 3/4 full and steam it for 25-30 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out almost clean.
make sure your steamer is fully boiling before steaming to have a nice crack on the top.
store it in air tight container and put it in the freezer to keep it fresh.
you can also top the with star margarine.
- ▼ 2018 (22)
- ► 2017 (42)