Saturday, August 19, 2017
Hello Readers its time to share another recipe!😊 This recipes was requested of my youtube viewers I will be posting 2 different way of making the filling. So that way you can choose which one and also for those of you have seafood allergy.
Recipe with oyster sauce
500g Pork cut into small pieces (I used pork shoulder)
2 Cloves of garlic chopped
2 Large shallot diced
2 Tbsp cooking oil
2 Tbsp dark soy sauce
2 Tsp sugar
3 Tbsp oyster sauce
2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
1-1/2 Cup water
Recipe without oyster sauce
500g Pork cut into small pieces
2 Cloves of garlic chopped
2 Large shallot diced
2 Tbsp cooking Oil
1/3 Cup dark soy sauce
2 Tbsp sugar
1-1/2 Cup water
3 Cups all purpose flour
3/4 Cup warm milk
1/4 Cup granulated sugar
1/4 Tsp salt
1/2 Tbsp yeast
1 Egg slightly beaten
2 Tbsp lard or vegetable shortening
1) In a cooking pot over medium high heat add in the cooking oil once the oil is hot add in the garlic sauté until its start turning golden brown. Then add in the shallot cook it until it get translucent.
2) combine the soy sauc, sugar meat together. Then add in to the shallot and garlic saute it for about 30 minutes or until the sauce is almost gone. Add in the water, cook it until meat is tender for about 45 to 1 hr. Stirring occasionally add water if needed 1/4 cup at a time.
3) If using oyster and hoisin sauce add it when meat is tender and the sauce is getting thick. Turn off the heat and let it cool completely.
*While the filling is cooling down start making the dough*
4) Sprinkle 1 tbsp granulated sugar into the warm milk, then add in the yeast stir in and set it aside until it gets foamy.
5) combine all the dry ingredients flour, salt, and the rest of the sugar.
*As always I will use my bread machine to knead my dough. if you don't have one you can always knead a dough with your hand until smooth and elastic 7-8 minutes.*
6) Into the dough bucket add in the yeast mixture first, follow lard/shortening, flour mixture and lastly the egg. let the machine knead the dough.
7) Once the machine finish kneading the dough. Transfer it into greased bowl and let it rise for 1 hr. while the dough is rising prepare 5"inch wax paper to line the bottom of the siopao dough
8) after 1 hr punch the dough to get rid of air bubbles, then divide it into 65g each
9) Form each dough into a ball then flatten it for about 1/4 inch thick of 5 inch circle. Take 1 tbsp of the filling and place it in the center and start folding the inch of the dough. fold and pinched until you reached the other end. and start twisting then pinched it to sealed. Or you can just pinched all the ends of the dough if you just want you siopao to be just simple. Take a piece of the wax paper and place it at the bottom of the siopao.
10) Fill in Half full of you steamer with water and then let it boil over medium high heat steam the siopao for about 12- 15 minutes. Make sure you leave spaces atleast 3 inches to prevent the siopao from each other. Let it cool for 5 minutes before serving. Freeze the left over heat.
30 second at the microwave
Friday, August 11, 2017
Hello readers and followers! I have another recipe to share with you. This ensaymada recipe is very simple to make yet delicious. You don't even need a mold these are more likely the one you buy at the corner bakery/local bakery in the Philippines. The flour I used for this recipe is "King Arthur bread flour" and I find that it gives my bread a very soft texture so from now on I will be using this one you can use any other bread flour this is just my suggestion based on my experience. For the yeast I use SAF instant yeast.
4 cups Bread Flour
1 tsp Dough conditioner (optional)
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Instant Yeast
1-1/3 cup Warm Milk (I used whole milk)
4 Egg Yolks
1/3 cup Sugar
4 tbsp Unsalted Butter Softened
For The Toppings
1) Take 1 tbsp of sugar and sprinkle it to the warm milk then sprinkle in the yeast and whisk then set it aside until its foam up.
2) Once the yeast mixture is foam up and in 1/2 cup of flour and set it aside for 30 minutes.
3) Combine all drys ingredients such as, flour the remaining sugar and the salt.
4) In the bread machine bucket mixing bowl(if using) add in the milk and flour mixture, the flour, softened butter, and the egg yolks.
5) And let the machine knead the dough until smooth and elastic. if using hand knead it until smooth and elastic about 7-8 minutes.
6) Transfer the dough into a greased bowl and cover it. Let it rise for 2 hrs while the dough is rising prepare you baking pan lined it with parchment paper.
7) After 2 hrs. transfer the dough into your work surface. Now I have 2 way of shaping it, you can flatten the dough out with rolling pin into 20 inches long and 16 inches wide. Then using a dough cutter cut the dough 1 inch wide. or you can cut the dough into 65 oz each so that you can have equal sizes. I prefer the cutting and weighing the dough that way they all have the same sizes.
8) Roll each dough into a long rope 16 inches and start coiling it once you reach the end tuck it
9) After shaping all the dough cover it with kitchen towel or paper towel and let it rise again for another 1 hr.
10) Preheat your oven to 350F and bake it for 10 to 12 minutes or until the top get a little bit golden brown. let it cool down completely.
11) Once the ensaymada has cooled down take 1 tbsp of star magarine and spread it all over the top and then dunk it into the granulated sugar.
Sunday, July 30, 2017
3 Medium size mango
2-1/4 cups Cold heavy cream
1-14 oz can condensed milk
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract.
1) Puree the 2 mango in the blender and then shred the 1 mango using pangkayod ng niyog.If you don't have one just chopped it into bits/or small pieces.
2) Beat the cream into stiff peaks stage, then fold in the condensed milk carefully once the condensed milk is well combine, add in the mango puree and the vanilla fold in using a spatula.
3) Transfer the mixture into the container and freeze it 6hrs to overnight.
Monday, July 24, 2017
Hello everyone!! Heres another childhood recipe I'm sharing. I already have similar to this recipe but the only thing different is the yeast. I hope you guys try it just follow step by step and same ingredients I'm using as possible to achieve the result as mine.. Happy baking !😍😃
4 cups Rice ( I used broken jasmine rice you can also use long grain)
3-14 oz can Coconut cream (savoy brand that I used because it has thick consistency)
2 cups Granulated sugar
1/2 tbsp Yeast
1 tsp Baking powder
1) Wash the rice three times. Drain it really well.
2) Pour the 3 can of coconut cream into the washed rice and soak it for 1 hr.
4) While the rice is soaking prepare the mold. Cut the banana leaves into 5 inches circle shape then line it into the molds.( I used Brioche mold/ensaymada mold, if you are using Frozen banana leaves make sure you wash it then dry it with paper towel before cutting it into circle shape. And also you need to be very careful cutting it coz frozen one is very brittle they get ripped very quickly).
5) After 1 hr. puree the rice and coconut mixture in the blender (I use Nutri bullet) until smooth or when you rub the mixture between your finger you only feel a very tiny Grain or not at all.
6) Once everything is pureed add the sugar whisk in until sugar has dissolved. Then add the yeast and whisk until yeast is dissolved. cover the mixture and let it rise for 1 hr or until the mixture doubled up.
7) Once the mixture has risen add the egg and the baking powder and let it rest for another 20 minutes.
8) While the mixture is resting. Pre heat your oven to 375 F
9) After 20 minutes scoop out the mixture into the prepared molds 1/2 cup each. Then turn off the oven and turn on the broil. Broil the bingka on high for about 11 minutes at the bottom rack make sure you keep your eye on it too.
10) Once the top gets brown and has a lots of cracked turn off the broil and turn the oven back to 375F and tint the bingka with aluminum foil bake it for another 35 minutes.
Monday, July 17, 2017
For the filling:
273g Stale Bread cut into cubes
1/2 Cup Granulated sugar
3/4 Cup Condensed milk
1/2 Cup Ube halaya
2 Cups Milk
1 Tsp ube Flavoring
1/3 Tsp purple food color
3 Drops blue food color
*To Make The Filling*
1) Pour the milk into the stale bread. Soak it for 10 minutes.
2) Transfer the soaked bread into a large pot (preferably nonstick) add in the following. Sugar, condensed and the egg. cook this over medium high heat.
3) Once the mixture start boiling add in the ube halaya and mix well. Then add in the purple and blue food color.
4) Lower the heat into low meduim heat and continuously stirring until you reached the soft paste consistency. Once your reach that turn off the heat and add in the cube flavoring and let the cool completely.
* Lets Make The Dough*
For the dough I'm using my squash bread dough here.
3 1/2 cup Bread flour
1 tsp dough conditioner (optional)
1/2 tbsp yeast
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cup whole milk Warm
4 tbsp butter melted /softened
2 large eggs
2 drops yellow food coloring
1) Activate the yeast by adding 1 tbsp of granulated sugar into the warm milk then sprinkle the yeast whisk in and set it aside until it gets foamy.
2) Combine the sugar and bread flour together.
(to knead my dough I'm using my bread machine you can use your hand or stand mixer).
3) Into the bowl pour in the milk and yeast mixture, follow the food color, butter, bread flour mixture lastly add in the eggs.
4) Let the machine knead the dough until smooth and elastic. Once the is done transfer it into a bowl greased with vegetable oil. and cover it and let it rise for 1-1/2 - 2 hr. until it has doubled in size.
5) Once the dough has doubled in size transfer it into the works surface and divide it into 2 ( as equal as possible).
6) Flatten the dough with a rolling 15 inches long and 10 inches wide then spread half of the filling using a spatula. Then roll the dough into a log and pinched the side to sealed.
7) Cut/sliced the log 1-1/2 inch thick. And then put it into a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let it rest for about 30-45 minutes until doubled in size.
8) While the dough is resting pre heat your oven 350F
9) Before baking brush it with eggs wash (1 egg diluted in 1 tbsp milk) and bake it for 20 minutes.. after baking let this cool down completely before serving. (the filling can burn you so be careful)
Hope you enjoy this another recipe I created. thank you 😘😍
Monday, July 3, 2017
Hello guys!! I'm sharing another great recipe for yo-yo bread I'm not sure if anybody remember this bread. But I do remember growing up in the Philippines, and seeing this at the local bakery store. This recipe was asked of one of my youtube viewers. and I hope you guys like this recipe..
1-1/2 cup Water Warm
3/4 cup oil
375g Granulated sugar
3 Large eggs
1 Tbsp Baking powder
1 Tbsp Yeast
2 tbsp butter softened
750g All purpose flour
2-3 drops food color
1 tsp use food flavoring (optional)
1)Preheat your oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Sprinkle 1 tbsp of granulated sugar into the warm water the, add in the yeast stir and sit it side until its frothy.
3)Into the mixing bowl of a stand mixer beat the eggs 2-3 minutes then add in the granulated sugar. continue beating and slowly add in the rest of the ingredients.(butter, Yeat mixture, oil,food color) Once the all add in do not stop the mixer just put it at the lowest speed.
4) Combine baking powder and flour together, slowly add in into the liquid mixture let it mix until just combine.
5) Fill in 3/4 full the pastry bag of the batter, and start piping circle into the prepared baking sheet. About 1-1/2 tbsp of the batter.
6) Bake it at the preheated oven for about 8-10 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7) Once its done let it cool completely.
8) Once it has cooled down, take a 1/2 tbsp of star margarine and spread it on the bottom part of the yo-yo then take another one and put them together. Its like making a sandwich then roll it on the granulated sugar until its all coated.
And there you have yoyo bread! enjoy
Saturday, June 17, 2017
Hello Readers! here's another good recipe for meryenda delicious and easy..
I used 3 types of sweet potato. If you have ube around you feel free to use it too I just don't have it at the moment.
218g white sweet potato
206g Orange sweet potato (traditional)
300g Purple sweet potato
6 pcs small Banana (feel free to use Saba if you have it around where you live)
1-20 oz can Jackfruit/Langka
90g Tapioca/sago (I use the one that only takes 5 minutes to cook)
1/2 cup Glutinous rice flour (for bill-bilo you can use galapong also)
1/4 cup water
1 tsp ube flavoring
1 drop of purple coloring
2 cans coconut milk
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup glutinous rice flour
1. Make the bill-bilo. Add 1 tsp of the ube flavoring into the glutinous rice flour and slowly add in the 1/4 cup water. If you find the mixture too dry try to add a drop of water at a time. Mix it until it forms almost like a dough. Take a pea size or larger of the mixture and roll it into a small circle /ball. Put it in the baking pan or any large container. Sprinkle it with cornstarch to prevent from sticking and make sure its not touching each other. If you have a non stick aluminum foil you can line it in the baking pan and that way you don't have to sprinkled cornstarch.
1.In a large pot(5qt) add 5 cups of water and bring it to a boil over medium high heat.
2. Peel, wash and cut all the sweet potatoes into cube or any shape you like and set it aside.
3. Cut each Langka into 8pcs squares
4. Peel and cut the banana into 1/2 inch thick circle
5.Once the water start boiling add in all the sweet potatoes and let it cook until its tender/soft.
6.Follow the Sago/Tapioca pearl and let it simmer for 5 minutes (if you using pre cook one add it
7.Once sago/Tapioca pearl is cook, add in the Bilo-Bilo. Try to add it one by one so that they won't stick to each other. Once its on in, give it a stir. and let it cook for 3 minutes. Then, follow langka.
8.Once langka is cook, add in the banana and cover for 2 minutes then add in the 2 cans of coconut milk and give it a stir. Cover it and let it simmer again for few minutes then add the sugar. Once sugar is dissolved add the thickener and stir it immediately. And cover it again for another 5 minutes.
Let it sit for 10-15 minutes before serving...Enjoy😊😊
Sunday, June 11, 2017
There is a two way of how to put the filling/topping into this puto. For the molds I use tuna can and I make plenty holes using a nail and hammer.
2 lbs Grated cassava
3/4 cup Brown sugar
1-1/2 coconut filling/bukhayo
1) Prepare your Steam fill 1/2 way full of water
2) Squeeze out the cassava juice using a cheese cloth.
3) Break them apart. then add the brown sugar.
4) For the first one Fill in 1/4 full of the cassava mixture then add in filling and fill in the rest of the space until its almost full.
5)Steam it for 30 to 35 minutes until Translucent color, take it out from the steamer and let it rest to 10 minutes or until its cool to handle.
(So, for the other one)
6) Put the filling in first then fill in the rest of the space.
7) Steam it the same way and time you did for the first one.
Monday, June 5, 2017
250g All purpose flour
250g Cake flour
50g Bread flour
400g Granulated sugar
3 tbsp Baking powder
1/2 tbsp Baking soda
4 large Eggs
1/4 cup Condensed milk
1/4 cup Uber Halaya
1-1/4 cup Oil
1-1/4 cup Water
1 tbsp use food flavoring
4 big drops of food coloring
2 big drops of blue food coloring
1) Preheat your oven to 500 degrees F
2) Well Greased 3 12 muffin tin with vegetable shortening. Then sprinkle it with flour and tap off the excess.
3) In a large bowl whisk in the eggs then, add in the sugar mix it until its pale yellow. then add the balata and mix well. Follow the condensed milk,oil,water,ube flavoring and the food coloring. mix well on each addition.
4) In the other bowl combine all the dry by sifting all the flours and the baking soda and the baking
powder, using a spatula mix well.
5) Add in half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and using a wire whisk slowly mix it. Then add the other half and mix until just well combine avoid over mixing the batter.
6) Fill in the muffin tin 3/4 full then bake it for about 8-9 minutes of until toothpick inserted comes out with a little bit of crumbs.
enjoy this is good for meryenda the inside is really moist. If there is leftover store it in a air tight container to prevent from drying out. This recipe makes 36 regular muffin.
Monday, May 29, 2017
This squash bread is very popular in the Philippines back then. And this is one of my favorite bread at my local bakery when I was a kid. Im so excited to share it and I hope you like it too..😊
For the dough.
3 1/2 cups Bread flour
1 tsp dough conditioner (optional)
1/2 tbsp yeast
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cup very warm whole milk
4 tbsp melted butter
2 large eggs
For the filling
1 cup bread flour
1/2 granulated sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
1) Sprinkle a 1 tbsp sugar into the warm milk then add in the yeast whisk in then, set it aside.
2) Combine all dry ingredients. Flour,granulated sugar,dough conditioner and the salt.
3) In a bowl pour in the milk mixture, and in the melted butter then the dry ingredients and lastly add in the eggs.
4) Knead the dough until smooth and elastic. Transfer the dough into another bowl greased it with vegetable oil and let it rise for 2 hr or until it has doubled in size.
5) While the dough is rising. Lets make the filling combine flour and sugar then, add in the butter and the vanilla extra if using mix it using a hand or a fork until the mixture become a wet sand.
6) After 2 hr deflate the dough to get rid of some air pockets. Then divide it into 50 oz each.
7) Its time to shape the dough. Roll out the the divided dough with a rolling pin to flatten it out then, take a 1 tbsp of the filling and put it in the middle take both ends and pinch it to sealed. Using a kitchen scissors make a 4 cut first then make another 4 cut in the middle a total of 8 cuts.
8) Cover it and let it rise again for 1 hr.
9) Pre heat you oven to 350 degrees F.
10) Before baking brush it with egg was. Take 1 egg and add in 1 tbsp of milk and then whisk it. Bake it of 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
Sunday, May 14, 2017
350g Cake flour
250g Bread flour
300g Granulated sugar
3 egg yolks
1 1/2 tbsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/4 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup or 1 stick butter melted or very soft
1/3 cup vegetable oil
For The Meringue
3 Egg whites
1/4 tsp Cream of tartar
50g Granulated sugar
1)Pre heat your oven to 525 F
2)Prepare the mold I use ensaymada mold or brioche mold. Grease it by brushing a vegetable shortening then, sprinkle it with flour and tap it to get rid of the excess flour.
3) In a sauce pan combine the evaporated milk and the sugar bring to the stove and cook it over
medium high heat just until sugar has dissolved. (3 to 5 minutes)
4) Combine dry ingredients both flour, Baking powder and the baking soda.
5) Add in the butter into the milk mixture. stir it until its well combine and lastly add the oil.
6) In a large bowl whisk in the egg yolks until slightly pale color. Then slowly add in the milk mixture and continuously whisking.
7) Lets make the meringue. In a clean bowl pour in the egg whites and add in the cream of tartar. Beat it until its frothy. Then slowly add in the sugar while continuously beating, beat it until you reach the stiff peaks stage.
8) Sift in half of the flour in to the milk butter and oil mixture. and slowly fold in using a spatula then add the other half.
9) Take 1/2 of the butter and fold it into the meringue. Then add the rest fold in until its well combine.
10) Fill in the prepared mold half way of the mixture and tap it a little bit.
11) Before baking, make an X mark on the top of the batter. Using a piece of clean cardboard and dip it to the vegetable oil. This will give the aorta a crack on the top.
12) Bake it 5 to 7 minutes till the top has risen. Then lower the temperature to 350 and bake it until toothpick inserted comes out clean. If your sorta gets darken fast tent it with aluminum foil to prevent from burning.
enjoy it with coffee in the morning 😋
Sunday, April 30, 2017
For the custard
12 egg yolks
1 can 14 oz condensed milk
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup chop roasted nut (I used walnuts.but you can leave it out if you don't like nuts or if your allergy to nuts)
For The Meringue
12 eggs whites
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1. Prepare the custard filling first. In a small saucepan combine egg yolks and condensed milk
2. Bring it to the stove cook it over medium low heat stirring constantly scrapping the bottom and side at the same time.
3. Cook the custard until its thicken. Remove it from the heat then, add the vanilla extract .
4. Pre heat the oven to 325 Fahrenheit line a baking sheet with parchment paper the spray it with baking spray
5. In a stand mixer or hand held mixer beat the egg whites and the cream of tartar until its frothy.
6. Then slowly add in the sugar. Continue mixing until you reach the stiff peaks stage.
7. Spread the meringue evenly into the prepared baking sheet.
8. With a fork you make some design if you want. Then bake it at pre heated oven for 25 minutes of until the top gets golden brown.
9. After baking the meringue Take another baking sheet line with parchment paper. And transfer it to another baking sheet(same size). By flipping it and then slowly spread the custard filling as even as possible and sprinkle the nuts, then roll it into a log.
10. Put it back in the oven for additional 10 minutes just until it get a little bit more golden brown.
Monday, April 24, 2017
2-1/2 cup all purpose flour or bread flour
3/4 cup warm milk plus 1 tbsp
2 egg yolks
2 tbsp melted butter
1/2 tsp dough conditioner
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp yeast
1-1/2 cup ube halaya
1. Activate the yeast by sprinkling 1 tbsp of granulated sugar into the warm milk.add in the yeast stir and set it aside until it gets foamy.
2. Combine the dry ingredients. By adding the granulated sugar into the flour, the dough conditioner and the salt.
3. Into the mixing bowl on your stand mixer add the flour mixture, the yeast, melted butter and the egg yolks. Turn the mixer at the low speed first and then increase it to medium mix the dough until smooth and elastic.
4.In another mixing bowl greased it with 1 tsp vegetable oil. Take the dough out and put it in the greased mixing bowl. Coat it with vegetable oil as well to prevent the dough from drying out.
5.Let the dough rise in a warm place for 1.5 to 2 hrs.or until it doubled in size.
6.After the dough has risen, Take it out and roll it into12x12.
7. Spread the ube filling leaving 1/4 of an inch at the side. Then roll the dough and brush the side with egg wash 1 egg yolks diluted in 1 tsp of water or milk. This will be the glue. (just like making a cinnamon bun).
8. With a dough cutter cut it into four equal size. Place it in the loaf pan line with parchment paper.
9. Let this rise again for another 45 to 1 hr. before baking brush it with egg wash on the top for a nice golden brown finished.
10. Bake it at a pre heated oven 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 to 40 minutes half way through cooking if the top part gets darken quicker tent it with aluminum foil, let this cool down in the cooling rack before slicing or serving.
Sunday, April 23, 2017
775 grams cooked ube
2- 12 fl oz can evaporated milk
1-14 oz condensed milk
1-1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 stick of butter/8 tbsp
1 tbsp ube flavoring
8-10 drops of food coloring (its up to you how intense color you want )
2 drops of blue food coloring( blue color will help the purple color)
1. Cooked the ube first unpeeled(I pressured cook mine but you can boil it.to find out if your ube is cook you can poke it with barbecue stick or a knife.or the ube might cracked too thats the other to find out fit its cook or not).
2.Peel off the skin of the ube using a knife.
3.Using a kitchen blender put half of the ube into the blender . Add 1 can of the evaporated milk and puree the ube until smooth. then pour it to the big nonstick pot and do the rest of it.
4.Once all the ube has pureed. Add the the ube flavoring and the food coloring.
5.Bring the mixture to the stove and cooked this over medium high heat stirring constantly. Once you ube mixture start getting hot add in the butter. (the butter will give this jam a glossy finished and also prevent it from sticking from the bottom and the side of the pot).
6.Cook the ube until its sticky dough like texture.
7.Turn the heat off and let this cool down completely. You can stored this in the fridge for 1 week or in the freezer for 3 months.
Happy cooking and enjoy :) its a lot of work but at the end its worth it there is no better ube halaya than a homemade with love😍
Monday, April 10, 2017
To make the dough just follow the Pandesal recipe. but instead of shaping it like pandesal instead shape it like a bird.By making a knot then, the top part will be the head and the bottom part will be the tail. To make the mouth or the beak pinch the middle part of the the head then with a scissor cut a slit. And for the tail flatten the other end and make 5 to 6 slit.
Using a toothpick make a hole for the eyes and then place 2 mini chocolate chips. pinched them both so that it won't fall off.
Let it rest for 20 minutes. Before Baking brush it with egg wash. (1 egg beaten with 1 tbsp of water) bake for 20 minutes at preheated oven 350..
3- cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 -cup bread flour
1- tsp dough conditioner
1/2- tsp salt
2 1/4- tsp active dry yeast
1/2-cup granulated sugar
1 1/4-cup warm whole milk
3-tbsp unsalted butter melted
3-egg yolks slightly beaten
1-sprinkle 1 tsp of granulated sugar into warm milk.then add the yeast stir and set it aside
2-combine the both four and the rest of the dry ingredients
3-in your bread machine pour in the milk and yeast mixture
4-follow the flour mixture
5-add the egg yolks and melted butter
6-turn on your bread machine the dough cycle let the machine need the dough for you :)
(if you don't have one you can use your hand to knead the dough)
when the machine has finish you can just leave it there(i leave mine inside the machine)or you can transfer it into a bowl and spray or oil it and cover your dough and let it rest for atlas an hour
7-after an hour punched your dough down and cut it into your desired size(i weigh mine so i can get into an equal size 30 oz each and i got 27 pcs.)
8-so roll your dough and shape it into a ball
9-after you roll all of them put it in the baking pan and let its rest for about 45 min-1 hour
10-preheat your oven at 350 and bake your pandesal of 12-15 minutes
Monday, April 3, 2017
325 grams Cake flour
150 grams Granulated sugar
3 Egg yolks
1/2 cup Butter/1 stick softened
1/2 tbsp Baking Powder
150 ml Condensed milk
3/4 cup Evaporated milk
1/3 cup Vegetable oil
1/2 cup or more cheese for the toppings
For the Meringue
3 Egg whites
100 grams Granulated sugar
1) Lined your 24 muffin tin.
2) Preheat your oven to 350.
3) Beat the butter until creamy add in the sugar and condensed milk.
4) Combine the evaporated milk and the oil and slowly pour in to the butter, sugar and condensed milk mixture. Continue beating until everything combine.
5) Combine dry ingredients. Cake flour and baking powder and sift in to the liquid mixture.
6) Using a spatula mix it using a folding method until lumps free.
7) Beat the egg whites until frothy. Then slowly add in the sugar continue beating until you reach the stiff peaks stage.
8) Slowly fold in half of the meringue mixture in to the batter using spatula. Then, add the remaining.
9) Fill up 3/4 full of the cupcake liner. sprinkle the cheese on the top.
10) Bake it in the oven for about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Monday, March 27, 2017
For the Filling
2-20 oz can of crushed pineapple drained(save the juice)
500-grams Granulated sugar
1/2 stick butter
1/2 tsp salt
4-5 drops yellow food coloring
1 cup Glutimous rice flour (when make mine I only used 1/2 cup of the flour but I find it wasn't thick enough so thats why I added more)
1 cup of pineapple juice
1) In a large pot combine crushed pineapple,granulated sugar and salt.
2) Cook it over medium high heat stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes until the pineapple get translucent color.
3) Add in the butter stir in until butter melted. Then add the food coloring.
4) Combine the pineapple juice and the rice flour together stir in until no more lumps
5) Add that into the pineapple filling stirring constantly. Cook it for another 10 to 15 minutes until filling gets thicken.
6) Turn off the heat and let the filling cool down completely (you can also make this a day ahead and put it in the fridge and just take it out 1 hr before).
For The Dough:
500g Bread flour
100g Granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 warm water
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp yeast
1) Activate the yeast by adding 1 tbsp of granulated sugar into the warm water. Sprinkle in the yeast stir and set it aside to foam up.
2) Combine the flour sugar and salt.
3) In a bowl combine the yeast mixture and the oil the, add in the flour knead the dough until smooth and elastic for about 5-8 minutes if kneading by hand.
4) Transfer it to greased bowl and let the dough rise for about 1 hr. until it doubled in size.
5) Greased your work surface. And divide your dough by weighing it 50g each.
6) With your hand of rolling pin roll each divided dough into 1/2 in thick 4 inch long and 4 inch wide. Spread in 2 tbsp of the pineapple filling.
7) Fold in the dough and pinched Both side to sealed it.Using a kitchen scissor make a cut on the top.
8) Let this rest again to another 20 minutes. After 20 minutes brush the top with egg wash (1 egg diluted in 1tbsp water)
9) Bake this at pre heated oven for 25.let this cool down completely before serving it.
Tips:if you find your dough to wet to work with add in 1 tbsp at a time until you reach the right texture.
Sunday, March 12, 2017
This bibingka taste good as the rice one. So if you don't have a time to soak and grind the rice then, this recipe for you 😊
1-1/2 cup water
3/4 cup Vegetable oil
1/2 cup evaporated milk
2 large eggs
500 grams all purpose flour
500 grams dark brown sugar
20 grams powdered milk
2 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tbsp baking soda
1 cup young coconut for toppings/macapuno (optional)
1) Line your baking molds with banana leaves or if you don't have banana leaves you can use parchment paper.
2) Preheat your oven 375 degrees
3) In a big bowl combine your eggs and brown sugar. mix it using wire whisk. Add in the oil, water and evaporated milk and whisk until the sugar has dissolve.
4)Combine all dry ingredients starting with baking powder, powdered milk and baking soda mix using a spatula.
5) Now, add in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. mix using a wire whisk until lumps free.
6)Pour 3/4 full of the batter to your lined molds and bake it for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes take out and add in the macapuno/buko toppings then put it back in and bake it for another 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Saturday, March 4, 2017
This kababayan may not look like the one that sold at the bakery in the Philippines, but they do taste the same. Maybe because of the flour since the recipe for this call for 3 types of flour. Cake flour, 3rd class flour, and first class flour. But unfortunately this kind of flour is not available in my area where I live so I just substituted it. If you find this flour available where you are, then feel free to use it and your kababayan might look better than mine.😄
This recipe was given to me from my friend that works at a bakery in the Philippines. I also have my own version of this kababayan in my blog but this one has more authentic taste.
250 grams 3rd class flour/all purpose flour
250 grams cake flour
50 grams 1st class flour/bread flour
1-1/4 cup water
1-1/4 cup vegetable oil
400 grams granulated sugar
4 large eggs
1/2 cup condensed milk
3 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tbsp baking soda
2 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
1)Preheat your oven to 475.
2)In a large mixing bowl, whisk in the eggs and sugar and add in the condensed milk, oil and water.
3)Combine all dry ingredients.
4)Sift in dry ingredients to the wet and mix it using spatula until lumps free.(if you having a hard time mixing it using spatula, then feel free to use your hand).
5)Grease you muffin pan using nonstick cooking spray then, sprinkle it with a little bit of flour.
6)fill up your greased muffin pan 3/4 full and bake it in the oven for 6-8 minutes or until the top has risen up. After that open your oven door half way and lower the temperature to 325 for 12 to 15 minutes. Then close back the door and increase the temperature to 400 and bake until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
enjoy...store the left over in a ziplock bag
Monday, February 20, 2017
2 cups Bread Flour
1 1/4 cup All purpose flour
1/2 cup Powdered Milk
1 tsp Dough Conditioner (optional)
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup Granulated sugar
2 Large eggs
3/4 cup Warm milk
2 tbsp Shortening melted
1/2 tbsp Yeast
1First,activate the yeast by sprinkling the sugar and follow the yeast. Give it a stir and set it aside.
2.Now, combine all the dry ingredients, starting with the all purpose flour, powdered milk, granulated sugar, salt, and the dough conditioner (dough conditioner makes the bread softer texture).
3.For this recipe I use a bread machine to knead my dough, but you can also use your stand mixer or do it by hand.
4.In the mixing bowl, poured in the milk and yeast mixture, follow the melted shortening, flour mixture.and lastly add the eggs.
5.After kneading the dough let the dough rise in the warm place for about 1 hr.
6.After 1 hour take the dough out and start dividing it. Then let it rest again for another 30 minutes then, make 3 slice on the top 1/4 inch deep (I divided my dough by weighing it 50 grams).
7.Bake this for 15 to 18 minutes at 350 degrees or until the top gets golden brown.
Enjoy it with coffee in the morning yum!!:)
Sunday, January 29, 2017
For the dough
5 Cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup Granulated sugar
2-1/2 tsp yeast
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Dough conditioner(optional)
2-1/4 cup Very warm milk
1.activate the yeast add the granulated sugar to the warm milk stir, and then add in the yeast whisk it and set it aside.
2.Combine the dry ingredients.flour,salt and dough conditioner.
3.In a stand mixer pour in the flour into the stand mixer bowl.and add in the milk and yeast mixture and the egg.mix it until the dough become smooth and elastic.
4.Transfer the dough into a bowl greased it with non stick cooking spray or oil it with vegetable oil.cover it and let it rise for about 1 hr.or until it doubled in size.
(while the dough is rising make your filling)
For the coconut filling.
2 cups packed dark brown sugar
4 cups grated or sherreded coconut (fresh of Frozen)
1-14 oz coconut milk.
1.In a pot combine coconut milk and sugar together and stir.
2.bring it to stove top cook it over medium high heat until it become thick and bubbly.or until it reaches the soft ball stage.(with a candy thermometer )
3.Add in the grated coconut.stir and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes until all the liquid has absorbed
4.Turn off the heat and let it cool down.
Putting The Filling.
1.Deflate the dough to get rid of the air.and divide it to your desired size I weigh mine 50 oz each.
2.With a rolling pin roll it out for about 1/4 of an inch thick add the filling 1 tbs or more.
3 Pinched to seal it.make sure it sealed good so the filling won't leak while baking in the oven.
4.Let it rise again for another 1 hr.or until it doubled in size.
5.Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees and bake it for about 15 to 18 minutes or until the tops turn slightly golden brown.
6.Let it cool down and then store it in a ziplock bag to keep it soft.
Sunday, January 22, 2017
2-1/4 cup all purpose flour
2-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup evaporated milk
3/4 cup corn oil(vegetable oil is fine)
1/4 cup condensed milk
4 egg yolks
2 tsp of vanilla extract
2 drops of yellow food coloring(optional)
1.Preheat your oven to 350.
2.Grease muffin pan with non stick cooking spray or brush with shortening.
3.Combine sugar and evaporated milk into the sauce pan cook it over medium high heat stirring constantly.just until sugar has totally dissolved 2-3 minutes and set it aside.
4.Using hand held mixer or wire whisk Beat the egg yolks until pale color.add the condensed milk.
5.Add the oil to the sugar and evaporated milk mixture and the vanilla.
6.Now slowly add all the liquid the liquid ingredients including the 2 drops of food coloring.
7.After all the liquid has combine, sift in all the dry ingredients.
8.Fill in the grease muffin pan 3/4 full and bake it for 13 to 15 minutes until toothpick insert comes out clean.
9.Let it cool down for 5 minutes.then, transfer it to the cooling rack when its completely cool transfer it to a ziplock bag to keep it soft and moist even until the next day you can store it in the fridge and reheat it in the microwave.
this is really good for coffee in the morning.enjoy...
Sunday, January 15, 2017
3 cups Grated Cassava/Kamoteng kahoy
3 cups Water
2 cups Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup Condensed Milk
1 tbsp Lye Water /lihiya
1 tsp ube extract
1 tsp pandan extract
Grated coconut for topping or cheese
food coloring of your choice i used green, pink,and yellow
you also gonna need a steamer to steam the pichi pichi
1.Pour half way of water into the steamer and turn the heat on your stove top over medium high heat.
2.In a large mixing bowl combine grated cassava, water,sugar,and condensed milk stir until sugar has
3.Pour 1 1/2 cup of the mixture into the mold i used 1 6"inch cake pan.And add 1 tsp of ube flavoring and 1 drop of purple food color.If you want more vibrant color add 2 drops (If your using individual molds then you have to divide your mixture into 5 equal part.then add 2 drops of each food coloring).
4.Cover with aluminum foil and steam it for 25 minutes.
5.after steaming let it set for 10 minutes.the,take a tbsp of pichi pichi and drop it to the grated coconut or grated cheese and line it up into the serving plate by color.
Sunday, January 8, 2017
8 egg yolks
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 vegetable oil
1/3 cup very warm water
1-1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tbsp yeast
1/2 tsp salt.
1 tbsp anise & 1/2 cup raisin
1.line all the baking mold with wax paper or parchment paper.if using wax paper make sure you spray it with a non stick baking spray.
2.first bloom the yeast, take a tbsp of sugar sprinkle it to the warm water and stir.Then,add the yeast whisk it and set it aside.
3.In a sauce pan combine the evaporated milk and sugar,bring the sauce pan to the stove top cook it over low heat for about 5 minutes or until the sugar has totally dissolved.stirring it constantly.
4.In a stand mixer or hand held mixer with a whisk attachment beat the egg yolks until pale color.then,add in the condensed milk, oil,vanilla,the evaporated milk and sugar mixture and lastly add the yeast.
5.combine the dry ingredients flour, baking powder and salt.
6.sift in the flour into the mixer bowl in 2 addition mix it in a low speed until combine.be careful not to over mix the batter.
7.scoop the batter into the prepared mold.and let it rise for 1hr in a warm place.
8.if using raisin sprinkle the raisin into the torta before baking.
9.bake at 350 for 25 minutes.after baking brush it with melted butter and sprinkle a little bit of granulated sugar.enjoy
Monday, January 2, 2017
3 cups Grated cassava/kamoteng kahoy
3 cups Brown sugar divided
2 cups Grated coconut(frozen/fresh)
1 cup water
you also gonna need a pot to cook the coconut filling and a steamer to steam the suman.
1.Pour the 1 cup water to the pot bring it to the stove.Turn the stove at medium high heat then, add 2 cups of the sugar cook it until the syrup reach the soft ball when you put the candy thermometer.(If you don't have one.When a small amount of of sugar syrup is dropped into very cold water and forms a ball that does not hold its shape when pressed with your fingers)
2. Add the coconut and stir until all the liquid has absorb
3.squeeze all the cassava juice out
4.add the 1 cup of sugar and mix until all combine.
5.Take 1/4 cup of the suman mixture and spread it on the banana leaves.Then,add 1 tbsp.of the coconut filling and roll it tightly securing both ends.
6.Arrange the suman in the steamer.and cook it for 45 minutes.let it cool for 10 minutes and enjoy
- ▼ August (3)
- ► July (5)
- ► April (5)
- ► March (3)